IGNORED

48%

Bs4Red

48% - The pass completion rate of the whole Bristol City team today. 

Please just let that sink in. 

Just over 1 in 2 passes we’re misplaced. 

Now you can say everything about the coaching, tactics, manager etc. 

But those players need to look at themselves because on 5-30k a week that’s an abomination. 

4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

But those players need to look at themselves because on 5-30k a week that’s an abomination. 

This is the problem I've banged on about for 3 years. We cannot pass or retain possession, but its ignored week after week, month after month. Nobody at the club will ever talk about it. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

This is the problem I've banged on about for 3 years. We cannot pass or retain possession, but its ignored week after week, month after month. Nobody at the club will ever talk about it. 

How we set up doesn't help, hasn't for a while.

I don't believe these players are all terrible technically.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

How we set up doesn't help, hasn't for a while.

I don't believe these players are all terrible technically.

I’d also agree with this mate, however I could handle 70% but 48% if you include the amount the 2 cbs pass between each other anyway it’s unbelievable 

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Plus the lack of any pace throughout the team, ball control, cohesive  shape and movement in front of the ball. Plus has it has been said so often " don't even start me on throw ins" 

Not sure what are corner taking and shooting is like for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, redysteadygo said:

Plus the lack of any pace throughout the team, ball control, cohesive  shape and movement in front of the ball. Plus has it has been said so often " don't even start me on throw ins" 

Twice I saw us immediately kick a throw-in out on the volley ?

would love to have the stats on how often our possession leads to a shot at our goal within 3 passes. It's as bad when we have a throw, I doubt we managed 2 passes after one of our throw ins. It drives me nuts. The number of times this year, we have good possession and under no pressure but pushing men forward, someone under/over hits a pass or misses someone no more than 5 feet away that leads to us conceding a shot or corner is ridiculous .

25 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I read 47% so 48% is an improvement!

It’s a vicious circle. They are playing so badly that they don’t want the ball. They don’t move and they hide making every pass more and more difficult.

When they do get it, they can’t get rid of it quickly enough!!! If there’s no immediate option, you don’t see any composure, it’s just shear panic, get rid and smash it up pitch. 

We are not a team in any sense of the word. It’s like watching 11 strangers. No partnerships anywhere on the pitch, the defensive, midfield and attacking units don’t work together either. 

Ive honestly never seen anything like it whilst watching City.

48 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Who's on 30k a week? No one at the club deserves anything like that

Just now, Kibs said:

It’s a vicious circle. They are playing so badly that they don’t want the ball. They don’t move and they hide making every pass more and more difficult.

When they do get it, they can’t get rid of it quickly enough!!! If there’s no immediate option, you don’t see any composure, it’s just shear panic, get rid and smash it up pitch. 

We are not a team in any sense of the word. It’s like watching 11 strangers. No partnerships anywhere on the pitch, the defensive, midfield and attacking units don’t work together either. 

It's a good job I don't react the same way at work if live servers go down and customers start breathing down my neck. I get focused and call upon my professionalism. Yes I feel under pressure, but I call upon my training and experience.

Makes you wonder what is meant by "professional footballer" beyond the 21" rims on their Mercs.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Who's on 30k a week? No one at the club deserves anything like that

Wells? 

9 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Spot on

I said elsewhere - looks like 11 trialists , rejected by League One Clubs , thrown together 10 mins before kick off

58 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

That is a frightening statistic. We don't play as a team. We have lost our identity. So fragmented. 

It doesn't help when you have a pretty poor front line.

Diedhiou needs old fashioned wingers attacking and crossing. His close ball control is hit and miss and doesn't work hard enough off the ball.

Martin's played too much football for his age, was never meant to be playing week in week out and now he's crocked.

Wells is a box player. Good luck with that as we rarely threaten nowadays. Won't track back and will now through lack of concentration and frustration give silly fouls away.

Semenyo is one of those rare breed of forwards who doesn't score & lacks composure when shooting. 

22 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It's a good job I don't react the same way at work if live servers go down and customers start breathing down my neck. I get focused and call upon my professionalism. Yes I feel under pressure, but I call upon my training and experience.

Makes you wonder what is meant by "professional footballer" beyond the 21" rims on their Mercs.

Wells? 

Depressing

2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Think Lansbury will improve free kicks and corners more he plays 

Been banging on about this for months but too many hereabouts excuse youth and the like for incompetence.  Our academy progeny are the worst of the lot, yet Tinnion can't see it. He too is a major problem and needs rid.  I referenced the other night GoN talking about what they'd worked on with Curtis at Liverpool - being big and strong, retaining possession, not giving it away cheaply.  City are powderpuff and that includes most of the sizeable units we have. Nagy aside none of our mids are up for a challenge. Softer than a box of Andrex.

Distribution from the back is so bad as to be untrue. Taylor-Moore and Mariappa couldn't find a City shirt if they tried but today Sessignon was in a league of his own. He couldn't have picked out the opposition better had that been his intention.

Upfront Semenyo's link play is on a par with his finishing (another game and not even close son,) but as abysmal as was his interplay so too was Famara's, then latterly, Wells, complete and utter disinterest. If you're not interested fellas, **** off and we'll save a few weeks wages. Partnership? Looked as if they'd never previous met each other. All three should hang their heads in shame; actually better they hang their boots up - FOR GOOD.  That's now over 7 hours without scoring or even looking like scoring. Not youth, or confidence, nor luck. That's unadulterated lack of application and skill. Not scoring is one thing, not being able to pass to a teammate - inexcusable.

Keith Downing: "We need to be more positive going forward so the emphasis is on being as positive as we can be, take the shackles off a bit and play without fear."

Bristol City: 48% pass completion, 0 corners, 1 shot, 0.03 xG

Archived