IGNORED

Is Anyone Still Watching?

BCFChris

21 minutes ago, BCFChris said:

I decided after last weekend not to bother wasting £10 on something that was bringing me no joy whatsoever. Is anybody still splashing the cash on this shower of shit?

I'm afraid I've already bought flights and hotels to Paris for every game so I can make use of their international pass. 

Don't want to waste it. 

No, really can’t bear to watch that shit any more.  

To keep putting yourself through that, you either have to be incredibly loyal, have nothing better to fo with your life, or be a complete masochist

It was bad enough being in the ground and willing the game to be over to end the pain, but I’m buggered if I’m going to carry on doing that week on week in my own living room, when I’ve got a.choice!

Still paid my tenner today and will continue doing so. Until I can go and pay and watch us live again. 

I am a supporter of Bristol City and that never changes. So weather we are top of the league or bottom I will support the team. 

They need our support more now than ever now. 

So let's support our team because it will get better. And our support matters. 

So COYR for ever 

Gave up a little while back.

I have to invest more than a tenner though as watching City means I miss a nights sleep on Saturday (2am k/o here). Ruins the weekend and affects the working week too. I can live with it when we're playing ok but not witnessing this crap. It was killing me so I now only listen to evening games on a weds/Thurs morning while at work. 

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

No. I still care but like many on here the love has gone, and it’s just too painful to watch live right now. I just check the score online every 10-15 minutes waiting for us to concede. Today’s the longest I have had to wait in a while.

Exactly how I feel, haven’t watched since November, the current predicament for me was obvious from about October. 

Like you I care but over the last 3 years something has been ripped out of this club, and it can’t just be the management or coaches that have done this.

It has to be Ashton and while I am not close to the goings on behind the scenes I trust what I hear from a knowledgable poster on here.

The sad thing is I have absolutely no faith that an experienced championship manager will be appointed because we really need one.

Yep. I’m still watching. But, I now equate it to that crappy car-crash nonsense reality tv rubbish that my Mrs watches. 

You know the ones - where they have real life stories of people that are too fat or people who have teen pregnancies or people have severe deformities. 

It’s car crash tv. You watch it expecting the next twist or turn of the sorry tale. Each week you gradually see them slowly ruining their lives. 

It’s a shitshow, is what it is. Compelling viewing. 

I stopped being interested when watching  at the back end of last season. This season I’ve only watched them on Sky & again I lose interest very quickly, find myself looking at my phone etc rather than watching the game. I’ve certainly not paid any extra to watch it. It’s been a train wreck since LJ was sacked imo ( some might say before as well! ), maybe it’s partly Covid related, but I’ve certainly lost interest in watching City. COYR  

7 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

They need our support more now than ever now. 

So let's support our team because it will get better. And our support matters. 

So COYR for ever 

With no one in the ground our support doesn’t matter one bit I’m afraid. There is no support, just watching hopelessly behind a screen. Whether we all waste a tenner every week or not it has zero bearing on the outcome of the game.

I was watching Bristol City when they were bottom of the fourth division so this is heady heights. In all seriousness I don't really get supporters who only support when the team are winning/playing well or both. They'd probably be better supporting Manchester City if they want to be watching games every week.

23 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was watching Bristol City when they were bottom of the fourth division so this is heady heights. In all seriousness I don't really get supporters who only support when the team are winning/playing well or both. They'd probably be better supporting Manchester City if they want to be watching games every week.

Same here mate but enjoyed  it more then could relate to the player's, who put more effort  in than this shower of shit.

38 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Me too, but in a way, it was easier then. I felt much closer to the team then, you will remember that feeling of Unity, of all being in it together. I don’t feel that now, players seem to not care and the climbinto their Bentleys and go back to their Mansions. Doesn’t feel like my team right now, it did in 1982. 

Archived