IGNORED

Kalas Interview

Bs4Red

Sorry if this has already been posted but what a fantastically honest and blunt interview.

You can see TK is absolutely devastated and is really quite angry.

He mentions our complete lack of goal or even attacking threat. 

He also seems to suggest some home truths regarding a lack of effort and care from other players. He takes responsibility for trying to pick the players back up.

Respect for coming out and talking. He didn’t have to spend 6 minutes giving his views. Hopefully the hierarchy see this and it gives them a jolt. 

Top man without him and Bents we would be relegated already.

Our forwards arent interested at all, bring in the kids. Those out of contract end of season should also not be playing, they aint here, get them out or give them the money, money talks.

If an exp manager is not in by this time next week WE WILL BE RELEGATED.

We need footballers playing that want to be here and want to play for BCFC, not those who dont want to play and possibly get injured, if that means playing more kids then do it we need effort and belief, not sulky I cant be arsed players, get them signed or gone.

This is down to SL, he got us here, he employed Ashton and its his managers choices, and its there players, so over to you Steve, the 1st Division is about to smack you right in the face if you dont wake up.

Wow, what a brutally honest assessment. 

He is so right, you look at the midfield and forward players today, the only ones to emerge with any credit were Palmer and Nagy when he belatedly came on. As for the rest no pressing, passing accuracy woeful, first touch poor, positioning hopeless. 

The spirit is broken and we will not put in back together by picking the same failing players week after week:

. Fammy has not looked interested since end of the transfer window

. Semenyo carries a threat but all too often his first touch and decision making let him down

. Pato is OOC and possibly as a result doesn't seem up for it

. Vyner is not a midfielder his passing accuracy is woeful, I'd play him CB instead of Marriappa

. Lansbury looks a complete waste of time & money signing

Pick those who show commitment in the game, Palmer, Nagy, Massengo, Wells in the centre. Put in Bell and Pearson, at the very least they would both bring pace and enthusiasm to the side.

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but what a fantastically honest and blunt interview.

He also seems to suggest some home truths regarding a lack of effort and care from other players. He takes responsibility for trying to pick the players back up.

Respect for coming out and talking. He didn’t have to spend 6 minutes giving his views. Hopefully the hierarchy see this and it gives them a jolt. 

Comedy Youre The Man GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

He is so right, you look at the midfield and forward players today, the only ones to emerge with any credit were Palmer and Nagy when he belatedly came on. As for the rest no pressing, passing accuracy woeful, first touch poor, positioning hopeless. 

The spirit is broken and we will not put in back together by picking the same failing players week after week:

. Semenyo carries a threat but all too often his first touch and decision making let him down

. Vyner is not a midfielder his passing accuracy is woeful, I'd play him CB instead of Marriappa

Pick those who show commitment in the game, Palmer, Nagy, Massengo, Wells in the centre. Put in Bell and Pearson, at the very least they would both bring pace and enthusiasm to the side.

Agree apart from Wells, showed no interest at all since he`s been here, not a battler wouldnt pay him in buttons. Fam wont be running over hot coals for us either so why keep starting him, give him a contract or dont play him again. The pair of them are taking up air space atm.freddie mercury queen GIF

5 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Top bloke.

He is so frustrated, as he says , he puts his body on the line week in week out for no points.

I am sure his agent will be busy at the moment on his behalf.

We need a top man manager to sort out the mess. 

That is a worrying interview. He looks visibly she’ll shocked & totally f**ked off with a few I would say. Now some might say that’s good what he’s saying & it is up to a point. But what we don’t need right now is big fractions in the club. Mentality wise, this squad worries me at the minute as I don’t see many battlers. The ones who might be up for a battle are injured or mostly injured. Worrying times. COYR 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Personally those out of contract in the Summer, should not play if they won’t sign a new contract. We’re deep in the shit and heading only way at the moment, so why not start introducing the likes of Bell and Pearson as Subs, they can’t do any worse. 

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Talk is cheap. Would rather he shoved rockets up his teammates on the pitch. 

The problem is that those players,even with a rocket are not good enough.We need a clear out and at least seven new players to replace the players we got rid of and never replaced.

Said the captain of a sinking ship! 
The clear out can’t come quickly enough to save our season - hopefully when the drop catches up with us the first ones to walk due to the pay cut will be Ashton and his mates - time to kill off another club - if they can find another rich owner to con!

we can all name a few players that need to go as well

It was only right the captain fronted up to the media in a week the manager was sacked and players yet again performed badly. 

What he said was what I wanted to hear. I just hope it got through, if not we are in a real relegation fight and there is always one team who falls down the league. 

6 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Ih fairness to our forwards, when was the last time a ball was put into the box like that? 

In fairness I don’t know. But I’m fairly sure they would be stood still on their heels, not getting across their marker, not hitting front & far & not being on the move. COYR 

48 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

Personally those out of contract in the Summer, should not play if they won’t sign a new contract. We’re deep in the shit and heading only way at the moment, so why not start introducing the likes of Bell and Pearson as Subs, they can’t do any worse. 

Think that decision should be left to the new boss 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Top bloke.

He is so frustrated, as he says , he puts his body on the line week in week out for no points.

I am sure his agent will be busy at the moment on his behalf.

We need a top man manager to sort out the mess. 

Top bloke?  Where was the leadership on the field yesterday?  Our present situation is screaming out for the senior pros to take responsibility, but I’ve seen very little evidence from anyone, including Kalas.  Did anyone see him having a go at the senior pros on the pitch, or encouraging the youngsters?  I didn’t.  Do you think you’d have got that abject performance if Shaun Taylor had been in Kalas’s position? I know that the captain doesn’t carry as much responsibility in football as they do in many other sports, but if there’s any point in having a captain at all, then surely our present situation is it.  Kalas needs to translate his frustration, which we all share, into leadership on the field.

1 hour ago, Corsham Ed said:

It seems as though, of all those OOC, only Famara has been OFFERED a contract. The others cannot sign contracts that are not offered. My guess is part of the malaise is “**** you” from those players but also a desire to not risk getting hurt if they are going to be looking for a new club soon. 

If I was told my company was closing at Easter and I would be unemployed, I wouldn’t be earning the Queen’s Award for Industry between now and then. 

Great interview, clearly very frustrated and clear the younger players are playing with the fear of a misplaced pass etc. 

Kalas "If you go for it the luck will come to your side, we're not going for it". Kalas sounds like he on the verge of leaving but we need to persuade him to stay and take a senior leadership role in the squad. 

Sam Saunders commentating on the Brentford match yesterday said "Ivan Toney is a charismatic leader in the squad / dressing room".

What the hell has Mark Ashton & LJ/DH/JM being doing for 5 years with the 50 plus signings and all the BS about DNA and right characters. 

Pat Lam has a player leadership team (John Afoa, Calum Sheedy and 1 other) which works well. Kalas needs support from a couple of other senior players and a younger player with leadership skills to help Simpson/Downing turn this round. In fact it wouldn't do any harm if Pat Lam went in for 1 day to observe a training session.

At least with TK we have a quality footballer who cares, he must be seriously pissed off, and as he says ,     there is no pressure from our forwards and midfielders (STOP playing Vyner in midfield!) so  our defence is constantly given no respite,  so we eventually concede.  We need some pace up front, neither Fama or Wells are quick enough, and to play them together is pointless (literally), it's certainly worth trying one of our pacey young forwards alongside Fama, who at least can provide flick ons?.  Also Massengo should be playing, as  he at least has energy and tries hard.   We just need players  to show some belief and energy.

It really looks desperate at the moment, we just need enough commitment to get those points in the bag to survive............but i am feeling less confident by the day.  We are reaping exactly what a lot of supporters predicted would happen when Holden was appointed, and it's the whole team of Ashton/Lansdown/Lansdown Jnr who are to blame. They really are extraordinarily blinkered and inept!!

Coaches can ‘try to make a better atmosphere, if that’s possible at the moment’  

Very worrying quote for me especially how he said it.  Something going on in that dressing room at the moment by the sounds of it.  Incredibly worrying and downbeat interview all told from our leader sounds like the rut is far greater than imagined.  

Archived