IGNORED

Jesus, let's be more positive

Lorenzos Only Goal

Blimey the wheels have truly fallen off but it was always most likely to happen.  Holden did seem a bit basic for this level and it takes a bit of time for your coaching to take effect.  We don't need to wholesale get rid of players, we need a decent manager who can come in get the points needed to keep us up, and a manager who can work with our setup.  Simpson et el need to go there is clearly somthing wrong with the coaching as the injuries are so deep and frequent somthing is not right there. 

However given a decent manager, some loans of players like semenyo he's just ever so slightly unfinished I think one good season at league one might be what he needs.  We certainly don't need to get rid of the lot.   We just need someone to coach them well and bring back some confidence. 

19 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Blimey the wheels have truly fallen off but it was always most likely to happen.  Not sure why, but OK

Holden did seem a bit basic for this level and it takes a bit of time for your coaching to take effect. This started under LJ, Holden was chosen to try and sort it but we needed someone new to come in and shake it up. We have been watching the same failings that LJ started. No pattern of play or style, and the team not being able to hold the ball or find space.

We don't need to wholesale get rid of players, Whether we "need" it or not, summer will see a big turn around of players. Whatever Division we're in.

we need a decent manager who can come in get the points needed to keep us up, and a manager who can work with our setup.  Sounds like 2 managers, which would be OK. Short term fix until the man the board wants becomes available. To be in the Championship next year is paramount.

Simpson et el need to go there is clearly something wrong with the coaching as the injuries are so deep and frequent something is not right there. Not knowing all the details of how the players got injured, we can only suggest blame of a couple on coaching and choices. Some would be down to the season , some bad luck, but some (like Williams) you have to question the Coaching decisions.

However given a decent manager, some loans of players like semenyo he's just ever so slightly unfinished I think one good season at league one might be what he needs.  We certainly don't need to get rid of the lot.   We just need someone to coach them well and bring back some confidence. We have needed that for a while. Holden was part of LJ's set up that was responsible for getting us to where we are, I think someone with more of a Football background in the interview process might have brought a different outcome  An experienced man coming in instead of Holden , IMO , would have had us in or around lower playoff places. The next choice of Coach is massively important.

“Jesus, let's be more positive”

It’s getting desperate if we’re looking to religion to save us!

Lose at Boro (likely)

If Luton (possible), Forest (likely) & Huddersfield or Derby (v likely) win midweek and we’re down to 18th very low on confidence, no manager, extensive injured list, on a horrendous winless run & we can’t even score or get a few shots on target.

Surprised some are so confident of avoiding relegation. It all has a worrying air of inevitability about the season from start to finish.

It’s a huge ask for an incoming coach, for an experienced at this level coach they will want significant salary as they risk reputations damage if they take us down.

So in some respects a coach with less to lose (up & coming League 1 or 2)  e.g Ryan Lowe type coach is our most likely outcome.

5 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

“Jesus, let's be more positive”

It’s getting desperate if we’re looking to religion to save us!

Lose at Boro (likely)

If Luton (possible), Forest (likely) & Huddersfield or Derby (v likely) win midweek and we’re down to 18th very low on confidence, no manager, extensive injured list, on a horrendous winless run & we can’t even score or get a few shots on target.

Surprised some are so confident of avoiding relegation. It all has a worrying air of inevitability about the season from start to finish.

It’s a huge ask for an incoming coach, for an experienced at this level coach they will want significant salary as they risk reputations damage if they take us down.

So in some respects a coach with less to lose (up & coming League 1 or 2)  e.g Ryan Lowe type coach is our most likely outcome.

There are four reasons I'm confident we are not in a relegation battle 1. The number of teams between us and relegation, they won't all start picking up points 2. The points gap between the relegation places, it is large. 3. The squad will get stronger as more return to fitness. 4. I think we'll win at Boro, happy hunting ground ?

Either our players are crap or DH is far worse than I imagine. 

Semenyo: "I play as a striker in the championship". 

Curious bystander: "So, how many championship goals have you scored in 30-40 appearances?" 

Semenyo:"none". 

Curious bystander:"did you say defender? ?". 

I'm not blaming Semenyo - his scoring famine, in my view, comes almost entirely from poor coaching. I don't expect him to score 20 a season, but we've failed as a club to get him firing at all. 

It all feels bit like Boris decision-making in the way Steve is going about things. 

We leave it so long without a fix (since the Man City match) that the options to save us run out, leaving us with a single choice. It needs to be one of Warnock- McCarthy-Pearson now to sort out the rabble collection of players Ashton has assembled for us. We’re past the Houghton’s and Howe’s of this world, who need three or four months to untangle the mess. Cook is the only bloke in the frame who may have half a chance.

If only Steve had made a ‘critical friend’ appointment, in the form of a Director of Football when some us who knew several season’s back this situation was going to arise. 

I fear the reason Steve has not acted by bringing in a DoF is that he is fearful he will be told that the entire football operations side of Bristol City is ‘not fit for purpose’. 

Steve’s invested too much financially and emotionally in the set up to accept that verdict. All the indicators, I fear, are there. Clinging on to Ashton, the repeat processes of management appointments, and most worrying of all, the statement the new manager has to work within the existing set up with specific reference to The Academy and recruitment side of the business. 

Steve, listen, we need a complete overhaul top to bottom of the football operations side of things. 

12 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

There are four reasons I'm confident we are not in a relegation battle 1. The number of teams between us and relegation, they won't all start picking up points 2. The points gap between the relegation places, it is large. 3. The squad will get stronger as more return to fitness. 4. I think we'll win at Boro, happy hunting ground ?

1 we can't defend

2 we can't score 

3 we can't create

4 we have no manager 

We are heading in 1 direction only and that is down 

16 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I really hope you’re right. ?

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think there was some hope amongst fans when DH was sacked, but after yesterday being even worse that is put on hold until a new manager arrives 

Yep. I have absolutely no idea of the statistical reality of performances after a manager is sacked. But you'd expect *something* to be different, and better. 

I think even if Warnock was available he would look at the next 3 fixtures and say let me give it some thought. 

We have a pretty decent record against Middlesbrough but would be amazed if we got anything this time. Swansea and Bournemouth I worry could be humiliating if the players can't focus on some of basic stuff like passing more than a few yards. 

26 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Appleton is 8/15 odds on favourite this morning at Skybet

Of course he is....he's Ashtons mate.   If we appoint Appleton, it will display an almost total lack of ambition,  lurching from one crisis to the next?                 

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Blimey the wheels have truly fallen off but it was always most likely to happen.  Holden did seem a bit basic for this level and it takes a bit of time for your coaching to take effect.  We don't need to wholesale get rid of players, we need a decent manager who can come in get the points needed to keep us up, and a manager who can work with our setup.  Simpson et el need to go there is clearly somthing wrong with the coaching as the injuries are so deep and frequent somthing is not right there. 

However given a decent manager, some loans of players like semenyo he's just ever so slightly unfinished I think one good season at league one might be what he needs.  We certainly don't need to get rid of the lot.   We just need someone to coach them well and bring back some confidence. 

nice to have a positive outlook, but unless we rid ourselves of MA and get a manager to manage....we're f@cked.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Of course he is....he's Ashtons mate.   If we appoint Appleton, it will display an almost total lack of ambition,  lurching from one crisis to the next?                 

Not just a lack of ambition, but a statement that the board and owner genuinely know nothing about football, or the reasons for success and failure. 

Archived