IGNORED

Bournemouth appoint Jonathan Woodgate and Joe Jordan (Merged)

Lanterne Rouge

19 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Just goes to show take the bookies odds with a pinch of salt, Thierry Henry was 1/8 on a couple of days ago.

Presumably he either turned them down or isn’t available until the summer........ 

..... Or is coming here! :shocking:

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

A big mistake IMO.  I do, however, think that Howe may be back there next season.

Now if they remain a Championship club, Parachute Payments lower in 2nd season by £5-10m. That will bring new challenges combined with Financial regulations that didn't exist in the same way in 2013-2015 when he was a Championship manager.

Otoh under Tindall they've done a lot of heavy lifting to reduce costs and to bring in Transfer Revenue but that clock is ticking with FFP vs Revenue. Parachute Payments fall by £20m in third and final season.

Howe actually spoke out about FFP in 2015, that was under the old system of fine, embargo and no particular scope for future or present monitoring. He wouldn't like it I think.

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Now if they remain a Championship club, Parachute Payments lower in 2nd season by £5-10m. That will bring new challenges combined with Financial regulations that didn't exist in the same way in 2013-2015 when he was a Championship manager.

Otoh under Tindall they've done a lot of heavy lifting to reduce costs and to bring in Transfer Revenue but that clock is ticking with FFP vs Revenue. Parachute Payments fall by £20m in third and final season.

Howe actually spoke out about FFP in 2015, that was under the old system of fine, embargo and no particular scope for future or present monitoring. He wouldn't like it I think.

We'll see. Woodgate is an odd and very much short term appointment I think.

The other thing about Howe if or when he returns it'll be a very different Bournemouth.

Ramsdale

Ake

Arter

Wilson

All sold. All Howe signings.

King, signed in or before the PL. Away in Jan. Gosling? sold. 

The old campaigners Boruc, Daniels, Surman, to name 3. IIRC Smith and Ibe gone.

Fraser left on a free, Harry Wilson loan no more.

His squad has been dismantled, or a certain proportion has. Then again he might back himself to build again. A new challenge, taking Bournemouth back up.

45 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why vile?

Vile can mean without morals. Cheating your way to the premier league and completely ignoring FFP regulations is morally wrong. Their Russian owners chucked money at players on high wages with no respect of the rules and the other teams in the division. So like I said before, vile.

45 minutes ago, Packman said:

Vile can mean without morals. Cheating your way to the premier league and completely ignoring FFP regulations is morally wrong. Their Russian owners chucked money at players on high wages with no respect of the rules and the other teams in the division. So like I said before, vile.

Fair enough, I agree about the FFP I just never would have chosen the word vile but I understand what you mean now

Archived