IGNORED

Bournemouth appoint Jonathan Woodgate and Joe Jordan (Merged)

Lanterne Rouge

52 minutes ago, Packman said:

Vile can mean without morals. Cheating your way to the premier league and completely ignoring FFP regulations is morally wrong. Their Russian owners chucked money at players on high wages with no respect of the rules and the other teams in the division. So like I said before, vile.

i agree horrible team 

11 hours ago, Packman said:

I hope they don't go up, vile club. Would love to see them slide down the league's and end up in league 2 where they belong.

Vile is a bit strong though fully agree on the FFP- they're in good company though! I'd make e.g. Aston Villa worse given 3 x Parachute Payments, had 3 years to get it right, Derby and their amortisation and Stadium chicanery, maybe Reading too- Sheffield Wednesday and their book fixing ways and QPR worse. Leicester in 2014 were another who breached- possibly by more than Bournemouth.

Birmingham were the first to break the 3 year rule but they didn't try and fight much, unsuccessful and have reformed tbf to them.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Vile is a bit strong though fully agree on the FFP- they're in good company though! I'd make e.g. Aston Villa worse given 3 x Parachute Payments, had 3 years to get it right, Derby and their amortisation and Stadium chicanery, maybe Reading too- Sheffield Wednesday and their book fixing ways and QPR worse. Leicester in 2014 were another who breached- possibly by more than Bournemouth.

Birmingham were the first to break the 3 year rule but they didn't try and fight much, unsuccessful and have reformed tbh to them.

Thanks for that, lots of poorly run clubs out there, hopefully we never drop to that level. I think the thing that annoyed me most about Bournemouth was the media love in with Howe and how they'd beaten the big boys on a shoestring etc. 

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

interesting move by Bournemouth

Love Joe , and would have been an excellent experienced help here at various points , including a wise hand for Dean Holden 

Luckily we haven't missed out as not needed with the big man now in town

241F40DF-78DB-4555-9C6E-780B04C579E2.jpeg

Good move for them.

Gary O'Neil has gone in there as well, as first team coach.

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

interesting move by Bournemouth

Love Joe , and would have been an excellent experienced help here at various points , including a wise hand for Dean Holden 

Luckily we haven't missed out as not needed with the big man now in town

241F40DF-78DB-4555-9C6E-780B04C579E2.jpeg

Redknapp link I guess?

On 21/02/2021 at 12:49, Packman said:

I hope they don't go up, vile club. Would love to see them slide down the league's and end up in league 2 where they belong.

This is so sad but I totally get modern day sentiments about Bournemouth - when following City home and away everywhere and anywhere was in my top three priorities I had the time of my life and this included many away trips to see us play the Cherries - pre match and post match their loyal fans were brill, very welcoming and totally accepting of the fact that their town was a magnet for the stag weekend, football fans fraternity - and back then they could also bask in the glory of a young Harold Redknapp guiding them to a third division title with over 90 points whilst smashing Man Utd out of the FA Cup as a third tier club ... to hear that endearing, traditional, inoffensive football club now called ‘vile’ is very upsetting ...

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This is so sad but I totally get modern day sentiments about Bournemouth - when following City home and away everywhere and anywhere was in my top three priorities I had the time of my life and this included many away trips to see us play the Cherries - pre match and post match their loyal fans were brill, very welcoming and totally accepting of the fact that their town was a magnet for the stag weekend, football fans fraternity - and back then they could also bask in the glory of a young Harold Redknapp guiding them to a third division title with over 90 points whilst smashing Man Utd out of the FA Cup as a third tier club ... to hear that endearing, traditional, inoffensive football club now called ‘vile’ is very upsetting ...

Yeah agreed- not been to Bournemouth away, but vile doesn't seem appropriate at all, no fan of the way they went up in 2014/15 but can't really think of Bournemouth in those terms.

On 22/02/2021 at 00:32, Mr Popodopolous said:

Birmingham were the first to break the 3 year rule but they didn't try and fight much, unsuccessful and have reformed tbf to them.

How can we be worse ? Bournemouth were punished for breaking the rules. Villa didn't break the rules. 

You state we had 3 years to get it right.........and we got it right.

Because, at the moment things are looking good for us.  

6 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

How can we be worse ? Bournemouth were punished for breaking the rules. Villa didn't break the rules. 

No one can argue with that :clap:

29 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

Didn’t you just not get caught?! 

Got promoted in time to avoid EFL scrutiny?

Either way, I guess you don’t care much now!

40 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

Are Villa fans seriously still obsessed with coming on here? :laugh: You're 8th in the Premier League for crying out loud

1 minute ago, bredwood said:

Christ! It really is dinosaur season!

Probably good for them but not for Woodgate personally. Paving the way for 'arry if it goes t*ts up.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Club appoints novice manager, then decides he needs some experience to help him along.

I hope it goes as well for them as it did for us. 

A Pearson - Jordan double act signing long term contracts at City in the summer though... WOOF!

You would not mess with / enter that technical area!

Archived