Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bournemouth appoint Jonathan Woodgate and Joe Jordan (Merged)


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wow... That is a big shock. 

A big mistake IMO.  I do, however, think that Howe may be back there next season.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Just goes to show take the bookies odds with a pinch of salt, Thierry Henry was 1/8 on a couple of days ago.

Presumably he either turned them down or isn’t available until the summer........ 

..... Or is coming here! :shocking:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

 

We're more likely to get Lenny Henry than Thierry.

The after match press conferences would at least be a bit more entertaining. And he wouldn’t be the first “joker” we’ve had in the dugout!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It means our job is at present the best one out there for anyone out of work so hopefully there may be some higher profile than usual applications. 

Apart from a certain vacancy in north Bristol of course......................................

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Packman said:

I hope they don't go up, vile club. Would love to see them slide down the league's and end up in league 2 where they belong.

Agree, although “vile” is a bit strong.

I would have chosen just “shit”.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigTone said:

A big mistake IMO.  I do, however, think that Howe may be back there next season.

Now if they remain a Championship club, Parachute Payments lower in 2nd season by £5-10m. That will bring new challenges combined with Financial regulations that didn't exist in the same way in 2013-2015 when he was a Championship manager.

Otoh under Tindall they've done a lot of heavy lifting to reduce costs and to bring in Transfer Revenue but that clock is ticking with FFP vs Revenue. Parachute Payments fall by £20m in third and final season.

Howe actually spoke out about FFP in 2015, that was under the old system of fine, embargo and no particular scope for future or present monitoring. He wouldn't like it I think.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Now if they remain a Championship club, Parachute Payments lower in 2nd season by £5-10m. That will bring new challenges combined with Financial regulations that didn't exist in the same way in 2013-2015 when he was a Championship manager.

Otoh under Tindall they've done a lot of heavy lifting to reduce costs and to bring in Transfer Revenue but that clock is ticking with FFP vs Revenue. Parachute Payments fall by £20m in third and final season.

Howe actually spoke out about FFP in 2015, that was under the old system of fine, embargo and no particular scope for future or present monitoring. He wouldn't like it I think.

We'll see. Woodgate is an odd and very much short term appointment I think.

Edited by BigTone
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We will. Pretty sure he doesn't appreciate EFL FFP however.

Not sure he can spell EFL let alone FFP.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing about Howe if or when he returns it'll be a very different Bournemouth.

Ramsdale

Ake

Arter

Wilson

All sold. All Howe signings.

King, signed in or before the PL. Away in Jan. Gosling? sold. 

The old campaigners Boruc, Daniels, Surman, to name 3. IIRC Smith and Ibe gone.

Fraser left on a free, Harry Wilson loan no more.

His squad has been dismantled, or a certain proportion has. Then again he might back himself to build again. A new challenge, taking Bournemouth back up.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why vile?

Vile can mean without morals. Cheating your way to the premier league and completely ignoring FFP regulations is morally wrong. Their Russian owners chucked money at players on high wages with no respect of the rules and the other teams in the division. So like I said before, vile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Packman said:

Vile can mean without morals. Cheating your way to the premier league and completely ignoring FFP regulations is morally wrong. Their Russian owners chucked money at players on high wages with no respect of the rules and the other teams in the division. So like I said before, vile.

Fair enough, I agree about the FFP I just never would have chosen the word vile but I understand what you mean now

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elhombrecito changed the title to Bournemouth appoint Jonathan Woodgate and Joe Jordan (Merged)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...