IGNORED

Podcast with Adam Baker

Shtanley

I'm joined by Pete and City's former head of communications Adam Baker to discuss yet another woeful City loss and performance.

What needs to happen to stop the rot?

How soon do we need a new head coach?

Why are we so woeful going forward? 

All these questions are poorly answered in the newest episode of OSIB.

LISTEN HERE

Adam Baker was excellent on the pod as always. His summery of the current situation with the players was both honest and accurate, roughly: they were still trying for Holden as they liked him, but nothing was working and nerves and fatigue has set in, Jamie P rushed back and unfit". 

I don't think any of the players were trying to get him the sack, not even Nakki Wells, even though he has been playing like he was!!

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I miss Adam Baker. Although it might surprise you to hear that I take issue with;

“Lee Johnson very nearly got us promoted to the Premier League both as a player and a manager!” ?

It's not untrue in a sense, but it is a stretch

As a player yes as a manager we competed but no

Listened to the episode yesterday evening; was great to see more former City staff in the episodes (following former SLO & matchday announcer David Lloyd in the previous one).

I've only been listening to OSIB since last summer (when I saw Stanley on Robins TV, and thought "wow, if he's big enough to appear on there, then surely the podcast is a big deal", but still subscribe to it!

I even use OSIB as some inspiration when I do the Bristol City Vixencast podcast. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Stanley, your signature still says "One Stream in Bristol is the only fan-produced Bristol City podcast. Listen to it if you're reading this. The podcast's twitter: https://twitter.com/OSIBPodcast".
I hope BS3 Talk and 3PIAPC don't mind that ?

Thought no mention of Cotterill when he was lamenting managers leaving was quite telling.  

Cotts gave us a fantastic year, but I found his snarling interviews pretty poor.   Must have been very uncomfortable work dealing with him after he'd lost.  Should still treat your our media team with some respect no matter how pissed off you are.  

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Thought no mention of Cotterill when he was lamenting managers leaving was quite telling.  

Cotts gave us a fantastic year, but I found his snarling interviews pretty poor.   Must have been very uncomfortable work dealing with him after he'd lost.  Should still treat your our media team with some respect no matter how pissed off you are.  

Cotts for the most part was excellent when I was in the media team - helped by the fact we enjoyed the 14/15 season.

I remember Colchester away (3-2) and Derby away (4-0) being particular ‘treading eggshells’ moments post-match.

Media team = easy target post game for managers/coaches/players to vent sometimes.

23 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Cotts for the most part was excellent when I was in the media team - helped by the fact we enjoyed the 14/15 season.

I remember Colchester away (3-2) and Derby away (4-0) being particular ‘treading eggshells’ moments post-match.

Media team = easy target post game for managers/coaches/players to vent sometimes.

Good to hear.  Really felt for some of you guys when you had to ask questions you knew would provoke a response.

Archived