IGNORED

Jacki Dziekanowski t shirt

kiwicolin

59 minutes ago, TomF said:

Pretty sure 1st edition was theincider.com run.  

No it wasn't. It was originally a shirt designed by a member of the old London Branch. We used to make and sell shirts to subsidize trips for those who couldn't afford to follow City. The 'Gow OTIB and 'Cole Not Gas' were also London Branch shirts.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

No it wasn't. It was originally a shirt designed by a member of the old London Branch. We used to make and sell shirts to subsidize trips for those who couldn't afford to follow City. The 'Gow OTIB and 'Cole Not Gas' were also London Branch shirts.

I mean on these ones.. pretty sure the first edition they're refering to is theincider.com run, the second batch was via Edson's Fans footie shirts setup. 

I thought the signed ones - those in the photos so far - were the ones that were done for/sold at the Steve Philips testimonial at Clevedon??

There was a white one, from the time he actually played for us - with the 'solidarity' logo on it. I had it in my mind that was Bountyhunter - but could well be wrong about that. Was the London branch one same design as in the photos here @BTRFTG - or were they white??

Just now, italian dave said:

I thought the signed ones - those in the photos so far - were the ones that were done for/sold at the Steve Philips testimonial at Clevedon??

There was a white one, from the time he actually played for us - with the 'solidarity' logo on it. I had it in my mind that was Bountyhunter - but could well be wrong about that. Was the London branch one same design as in the photos here @BTRFTG - or were they white??

Long sleeve, white with Jackie's name across the front in the 'Solidarity font' - I think the brilliant Graphic Designer drew it by hand (few had access to the types of publishing and design software that's omnipresent today, certainly the newspaper I worked for didn't have that font,) plus logo down one arm. We presented one to Jackie early doors.

I think the designer allowed use of his handiwork when these shirts were later reproduced.

Just now, BTRFTG said:

Long sleeve, white with Jackie's name across the front in the 'Solidarity font' - I think the brilliant Graphic Designer drew it by hand (few had access to the types of publishing and design software that's omnipresent today, certainly the newspaper I worked for didn't have that font,) plus logo down one arm. We presented one to Jackie early doors.

I think the designer allowed use of his handiwork when these shirts were later reproduced.

That's the one!! 

I had both at one time - but sold them both on eBay not long ago. They raised a fair bit for the Robins Foundation.

I remember the 'Cole not Gas' one too - although never got one. It was brilliant because at the time there was some kind of national policy debate going on, which was in the headlines, about whether we should be using coal or gas to power our generating stations. Or something like that!

Archived