IGNORED

Ashton Out - Petition

reformed_red

• Admin
2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Nobody really knows what he does and yet plenty are happy to blame him for everything that's gone wrong. Ridiculous to scapegoat anyone but especially when we have no way of knowing who is responsible for what at the club. 

I don’t really get the vitriol towards him. He is paid to do a job by his boss, his boss is as stated on Friday, thinks he’s doing a great job. He’s following his bosses instructions which ever way you look at it. Corporate talk seems to bother people, cannot get my head round that either. He does like certain phrases ( let me be clear!), but blimey, what follows is a bit steep. Surely its Steve Lansdown people should vent towards? He’s the one calling the shots. COYR 

Sorry, but no. His role in transfers and recruitment of players may be suspect, but I understand that his other work as CEO is well respected. I think some lane discipline and changes to his parameters are needed, but I don't think we should be hounding him. He's not responsible for the mess on the pitch.

Pointless.. There will be no coup engendered by those on OTIB with their own personal agendas or the conspiracy theorists who continue to believe all transfers are chosen by him despite being told the contrary on numerous occasions. Ashton will only go on the say so of the Lansdown's or by walking if he sees a better opportunity elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

I don’t really get the vitriol towards him. He is paid to do a job by his boss, his boss is as stated on Friday, thinks he’s doing a great job. He’s following his bosses instructions which ever way you look at it. Corporate talk seems to bother people, cannot get my head round that either. He does like certain phrases ( let me be clear!), but blimey, what follows is a bit steep. Surely its Steve Lansdown people should vent towards? He’s the one calling the shots. COYR 

Well perhaps the vitriol is linked to the fact that he recommended the appointment of Dean Holden and said that he was the best man to take the club forward.

55 minutes ago, Redland said:

Well perhaps the vitriol is linked to the fact that he recommended the appointment of Dean Holden and said that he was the best man to take the club forward.

You think it was his sole decision? You don’t think Steve Lansdown had to put the rubber stamp on it? Yes Ashton fronted the unveiling ( for want of a better phrase ) along with Jon Lansdown, but that was because of Lockdown & Steve being in Guernsey. There were a few on here who thought he would do ok as well. So yes, he was part of the process, but he doesn’t make final decisions on things like that, if he does, were in a bigger mess than I thought. Reading between the lines, let’s say other ( Hughton ) options didn’t want to work within the parameters set, who sets those parameters? It isn’t Ashton, he tells them what he’s been told. If you want to bring transfers into the equation, then I think there’s a conversation to be had! COYR 

• Admin
1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Pointless.. There will be no coup engendered by those on OTIB with their own personal agendas or the conspiracy theorists who continue to believe all transfers are chosen by him despite being told the contrary on numerous occasions. Ashton will only go on the say so of the Lansdown's or by walking if he sees a better opportunity elsewhere. 

Hate to break it to you @RoystonFoote'snephew but this was done away from OTIB

1 hour ago, Redland said:

We have absolutely no idea if he recommended the appointment of Dean Holden. We know he was the one who was sent out to the media to defend and justify the decision, which he did and he is indeed paid to do, but we've no idea what was said in private. It may be Ashton wanted Holden and persuaded the board, it may be JL or SL wanted Holden and Ashton agreed or it may be that the board told Holden that Ashton was the decision, he expressed reservations in private but then represented the company line in public. We don't have a clue which way round it was.

Certainly, from his interview when Holden was appointed, I got the impression he was defending a decision he had not personally supported. 

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Numbers are going up..........Now stands at 9.

I think this is the risk with petitions. If you don't get the signatures it can end up having the completely opposite effect to what is intended.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I have a different view

Petitions , bed sheets etc aren’t my thing 

But

Whether it be Public Petitions , Bedsheets or long threads on OTIB (Particularly some intelligent analysis of core subjects) all , at least focuses attention of the owner , even if he’d like to ignore it.

( Gregor McGregor needs a handshake too )

The fans one way or another , have had a partial impact , at least , in this weeks events IMHO

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I have a different view

Petitions , bed sheets etc aren’t my thing 

But

Whether it be Public Petitions , Bedsheets or long threads on OTIB (Particularly some intelligent analysis of core subjects) all , at least focuses attention of the owner , even if he’d like to ignore it.

( Gregor McGregor needs a handshake too )

The fans one way or another , have had a partial impact , at least , in this weeks events IMHO

But I think fans making (largely) reasoned arguments on this website and social media are very different and far more persuading than 66 people signing a petition that calls for someone being sacked for doing the exact job the board is paying him to do. 

I’m very critical of MA’s rationale for appointing DH but setting up a petition to get him sacked is a step too far.

Most of us have little idea how his job fits into the wider picture of BCFC or how successful he is at the lower profile parts of his remit.

Bristol City is a thriving club, just that the football itself has gone a bit pear shaped. But it looks like they are trying to put that right with some urgency.

Let’s trust SL to deal with MA appropriately. He is the one paying his wages.

10 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Nobody really knows what he does and yet plenty are happy to blame him for everything that's gone wrong. Ridiculous to scapegoat anyone but especially when we have no way of knowing who is responsible for what at the club. 

In his own words he is head of all footballing matters, so that makes him in charge of coaching, medical, conditioning, diet and recruitment - you could easily highlight 4 of those as having poor performance in the last 2 seasons so its not just DH as DH has no say in those other departments outside of coaching.

24 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

What if it turns out we got Pearson due to MA, would that change people's opinion? We need to stop looking for scapegoats because we're feeling bad, it's not helpful

Difficult to say, since I imagine MA will use his PR and spin tactics to make it seem like NP was always 'his choice' etc.

Archived