IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Was Pearson available when we were last looking for a coach?

Just thinking back to Lansdown’s comment in the recent interview about him wanting to speak to a couple who were not available before.

Yeah, he didn’t even get interviewed last time.

Personally be very surprised if this was to be true.

4 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Reading that he’s a perfect fit. Developing youth. Would not trash SL philosophy 

Think that’s a really good point. I’d forgotten about his England involvement (although as we know, that’s not a huge plus in practice)! Behind the aggressive image there is a good coach there. My only real concern would be the short term nature of some jobs that he’s had.

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Was Pearson available when we were last looking for a coach?

Just thinking back to Lansdown’s comment in the recent interview about him wanting to speak to a couple who were not available before.

Doubt it, he had Covid at the time and has taken time to get over it. Not seen anything to the contrary and assume he's now fit again.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Think that’s a really good point. I’d forgotten about his England involvement (although as we know, that’s not a huge plus in practice)! Behind the aggressive image there is a good coach there. My only real concern would be the short term nature of some jobs that he’s had.

Perhaps we have offered him a contract to the end of the season, to be reviewed then? Seems to be working for Cardiff.

Archived