IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

13 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Unfortunately I agree...just not a Bristol City appointment.

I think that what has happened recently and over the past couple of years may have just made SL realise that they need to change their 'type of appointment' 

And I thought he alluded to that during his recent interview.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I think that what has happened recently and over the past couple of years may have just made SL realise that they need to change their 'type of appointment' 

That's a fair point, maybe he's starting to realise some of our approaches to things are just plain wrong. I pray that Ashton needing to go is along the same road for Steve. Final chance I expect.

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Really hope so, just don't feel confident. 

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

It’s like Hargreaves complementing Steve in the business partnership.

Think Steve might have looked to ‘escape’ that sort of character in his football life but, boy, and it might have been challenging at times for both of them, didn’t it work out well for the business. 

May be the penny has dropped that the chemistry of that business relationship needs to be employed in football too. 

If we get a fraction of the success HL have enjoyed, we’ll be top drawer in the football world. 

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

In the past what 30 years? We've had 2 managers who'd I'd say were a bit mental and likely to get angry in the dressing room,well certainly would get angry! Both achieved promotions and actually played good football. 

5 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

I sent him a message!

With 30 goals from 554 appearances he will at least be able to relate to Semenyo quickly.

I pity the person who has to tell him he’s one of the three strikers we’ve  available... of which one other has departed the Club in his head and the other hasn’t accepted he’s arrived! 

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Reading that he’s a perfect fit. Developing youth. Would not trash SL philosophy 

I'm not sure the type of youth he developed at Leicester and took on promo tours to Thailand would wholly fit SL's philosophy......

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

With 30 goals from 554 appearances he will at least be able to relate to Semenyo quickly.

I pity the person who has to tell him he’s one of the three strikers we’ve  available... of which one other has departed the Club in his head and the other hasn’t accepted he’s arrived! 

You mean he will tell wells to ship up or ship out, and tell fam to give his all or play for the reserves, and work on getting the young players some confidence?

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I'm not sure the type of youth he developed at Leicester and took on promo tours to Thailand would wholly fit SL's philosophy......

Unless “uncle” Steve is allowed to go with them!

SL ”What goes on tour, stays on tour, eh, Nige”

NP “don’t ever suggest touring Botswana again or I’ll tell Maggie that it wasn’t just ten dolla!”

3 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

My friend text me last night saying to lump on Pearson. If he text that to 10 other people and they lumped on plus passed on the tip it would completely distort the market which is  what I think is happening here.

Hes never been right before...

You can't lump on in this type of market. The odds would have shortened due to the right type of punter having there £20 or £30 on. When I say right type I mean agents and people connected to agents. Bookies will have a list of punters who regularly bet on this type of market.

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

You can't lump on in this type of market. The odds would have shortened due to the right type of punter having there £20 or £30 on. When I say right type I mean agents and people connected to agents. Bookies will have a list of punters who regularly bet on this type of market.

Exactly. Bookies aren't stupid - random people betting will move the market to an extent, but nothing like this. Something has happened to move these odds.

I did think watching that Lansdown interview that the penny might have dropped. He's seen what happened when he appointed Pat Lam. Obviously football is different so we can't go out there and appoint Klopp or Pep - but the point still stands. Pearson is an ambitious and proven appointment. Get the manager correct and the rest will follow. 

Archived