IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

That’s what I thought.....would hope that we’d be giving him at least this season and next

An appointment to the end of the season might work for both sides. If it works the manager gets a very strong negotiating position to get a longer contract but also the players he wants for next season. Whereas if he signs a longer deal now he has to follow the club line in the summer.

3 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Based on Appletons comments earlier this week, Pearson until the end of the season and Appleton to take over from then?

Personally I would rather just have Pearson longer term but not sure he fits the structure...

Maybe the structure is about to get restructured?

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Called us 'Bristol' on the radio when supposedly in the running after Cotts left. So should get on with Ashton perfectly!

But if this does happen, I'm willing to forgive him ?

He's exactly the type we need, imo. Someone to put the fear of God into them. 

Before even having to strike fear into t he players he would have a presence that would command respect.

I said back in the summer that he talks in a chill way as though he’s been on a mindfulness retreat, but you just know there’s a demon in there somewhere and you wouldn’t want to find out. Loads of experience for him to draw on too.

Let’s hope this happens.

7 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Based on Appletons comments earlier this week, Pearson until the end of the season and Appleton to take over from then?

Personally I would rather just have Pearson longer term but not sure he fits the structure...

I think he could fit the structure. Steve Walsh was in charge of player recruitment when he was at Leicester and he was fine with that. I don't think the structure will be massively different to what he's worked in before. 

Just now, markcarter said:

Yep.  The need for a very quick appointment to get a grip reinforced by the humiliation yesterday, so until the end of the season makes sense in that context.

I agree , we can’t carry on with these two running the show. The players need a kick up the ass and he’s the man to deliver it. Just glad we’ve acted quickly after Saturday and not gone for a fancy name like Henry 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I am sure that's how everyone is thinking. But in the summer it certainly won't be balls to the model.

Just read that in his final spell in Belgium he had only achieved 22 out of 24 points for OH Leuven before being sacked

He was sacked 10 games into season I think, with 6 points (not sure what the run was before that)

different country, culture and language, could be any number of reasons why it didn’t work

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Before even having to strike fear into t he players he would have a presence that would command respect.

I said back in the summer that he talks in a chill way as though he’s been on a mindfulness retreat, but you just know there’s a demon in there somewhere and you wouldn’t want to find out. Loads of experience for him to draw on too.

Let’s hope this happens.

He is an intelligent and articulate man with a dry sense of humour. With a low tolerance for bull excrement!

Archived