IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

Just now, pongo88 said:

Maybe it’s Pearson who wants a short contract till the end of the season. That way he could assess the state of the club and the level of support he’s going to get. If he likes what he’s found he can sign a longer contract. Assuming the football improves he will be in a strong position as it would be difficult for SL not to keep him 

I agree, I can imagine Pearson thinking if he comes in, does well then at the end of the season he is in a hugely powerful position for a good contract and to press for the players he thinks he needs. If he takes a 2 year deal now his negotiating position in the summer on the players he wants is much reduced. 

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

He's got all of the charisma of a house brick.

A right condescending bastard.

Media days will be fun. Woe betide any journo giving him a banal question, he'll give him that withering look and fry him on the spot.

Exactly what we need.

Actually he has a very dry sense of humour, is a very intelligent insightful and engaging. But at work he’s the boss. 

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Have the bloke in a shot!!  

Lives local (well Devon)

Been there

Done it

Get him  

5C358C56-4B9B-48C7-9F4A-31CDC3AC30A8.png

I've not put a bet on anything for 35 years! Last Thursday after managing to work out how to do it put £15 on Nigel Pearson at 16/1. Picked up something said on Football on Quest the previous Saturday but can't remember what as had a few.

Fingers crossed for selfish reasons if nothing else ?

This has lansdown stamp on it doesn’t it surely. Said Friday they don’t want a short term fix. No doubt saw saturdays shower, followed up by the caretaker wanting to wash his hands of everything and Kalas basically in tears, must’ve kicked him into speeding up the process.

There’ll be ‘Deano’ nickname culture with him. Players and media guys will be wary of him. Totally needed. 

15 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Pearson with ridiculously short odds, respected media talking about it being done... sounds like the perfect time to put a lump on Simpson to pay for my next few season tickets

It's enough for me to get [back] on the beers today!

4 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Just saw this:

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City. Joey Barton to Bristol Rovers. Still think there should be a sitcom where they’re forced to live together in a Harbourside flat while managing the city’s rivals teams.

like a sequel to the Young Ones! 

Just been discussed on Talksport with Alex Crook a reliable reporter for them stating that Pearson has verbally agreed

Apparently contacted Bournemouth who didn’t give him an interview

Crook thinks Pearson a very good appointment and Bournemouth would have been better to have taken him

Crook was talking to Darren Bent who said

‘One of the best managers I played for’ (At Derby)

Straight down line ‘

‘ Intimidating ‘

‘Tells you what he wants , and not interested   whether you buy into it or not ‘

‘If you don’t do it what he asks you are getting it both barrels ‘

Bring it on

Archived