IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

1 minute ago, Better Red said:

Read the story about when he got corned by a pack of wolves.

Broke one of the wolves jaw and gauged another’s eye out to escape.

He is just what we need. Shame only to the end of the season but hopefully will stay.

Should have been appointed in the summer instead of the Deano experiment that was never going to work.

apparently he had Covid so couldn't do anything anyway. 

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I hope we don't balls this up and he ends up walking in the summer. Although I can see the logic, I'd be happier if it were for longer. This club has needed somebody like this for YEARS.

You’d have to think that SL knows Pearson’s character and therefore him and MA will let Pearson get on with it with no interference otherwise what’s the point in getting him in.  Clinging onto that hope anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Better appointment (potentially at least )  than Cook IMHO Fordy 

Sort Of Appointment that either goes **** up in weeks or is a very successful one

Ashtons reaction 

76CD4F1F-68EA-4297-B457-A63488A0B858.jpeg

I suppose part of me considered it so unlikely an appointment I didn’t really give it much thought. Over the moon. 

Miles better than Howe in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Have the bloke in a shot!!  

Lives local (well Devon)

Been there

Done it

Get him  

5C358C56-4B9B-48C7-9F4A-31CDC3AC30A8.png

Is Nige ready to return to football management though? He was very ill for most of last year - I hope he’s ok and well enough now but an experience like that can re-align your priorities ... here’s some more details: 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12124344/nigel-pearson-my-battle-against-covid-19-leaving-watford-and-desire-to-return-to-the-game

Edit: if he’s gonna be our next gaffer my post here makes me look like a right clown! Apologies to you all

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

Strange given what Lansdown said in his interview regarding appointing for the long term

Given we ain’t giving a contract to Liam Walsh because of financial uncertainty, it would be safe to assume, that’s why it’s only til the end of the season 

Archived