IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can you imagine SL sat down, feet up reading through this thread, cigar from the box behind him in one hand, fine brandy from the decanter in the other, knowing that he hasn’t seen OTIB this United and behind his decision since...

Derek McInnes. 

F2427E6A-E0A3-4D6C-B2ED-CAE29596911E.png

Remember this one?

image.png.edcf2ae311ecf80dd34f82bebde59a71.png

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ll tell you what cheers me up - City winning games and a nice cold pint of Thatchers  Dry on a balmy summer evening with my mates after winning a bowls match.

I sincerely hope that you will be enjoying all of those things again soon.

26 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Not wishing to put a downer on the evening but it has just occurred to me that there is a Talksport/Sky Sports reporter called Nigel Pearson. 

We have gone for the right one, haven't we? This is Bristol City after all.

Well, if you’re really ‘The Moose’ then it will be incorrect - an absolute nightmare of a sports reporter, cannot even read a script without tripping over words and slurring, and has zero knowledge of anything regarding football, just makes himself constantly look like a clown who won a competition to be a sports reporter for a day - how he has remained employed with zero ability, knowledge or prowess is beyond me and many others 

Tonight’s  Call

MA

’ Hi Steve , just to update you , I’ve got the process pencilled out and will start making some calls early this week , I’ve had a chat with Apps , and have some other excellent candidates who will fit the plan and who we can interview through the process stages , you know my track record , Aidy , Brendan etc and my vigorous processes , that sound good ?’

SL ‘**** off Mark I’ve appointed Pearson ‘ 

Line goes dead 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, if you’re really ‘The Moose’ then it will be incorrect - an absolute nightmare of a sports reporter, cannot even read a script without tripping over words and slurring, and has zero knowledge of anything regarding football, just makes himself constantly look like a clown who won a competition to be a sports reporter for a day - how he had remained employed with zero ability, knowledge or prowess is beyond me and many others 

Christ no, I'm not him! He's twice the man I am. (on the scales anyway).

Embarrassed to share the same nickname. Always sounds drunk and as for his laugh...

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I think on Tuesday night he will ask Simpson and Downing to pick the side, then when he gets the paper with their line up written on it he will laugh condescendingly then tear it in half screw each half up and stuff it down their throats.

Literally made me laugh out loud. Wife gave me daggers as she has just got the little 'un to sleep in her arms :laugh:

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Try learning the difference between speculation and reputable football journalists who check their sources.

You kept falling at this hurdle when you accused Gregor over the Williams story despite being told it had originated with highly respected David Ornstein.

Ben Fisher for instance, one of the ones quoted on this thread, covers the EFL for The Guardian and is also well respected. 

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

On 17/02/2021 at 00:14, Superjack said:

Not sure if you are taking the piss, but I will bite.

Cotterill is impossible because Lansdown knows that he is a nutter. Pearson is impossible because everybody knows that he is a nutter. Cook is unlikely because he was apparently interviewed in the summer and depending on what you believe either was turned down or basically told Ashton to **** off. Either way bridges burned WW2 style.

I don't believe it. It just can't be true. He'll kick Ashton into next season!

I posted about Cook because I didn't think that this would be in any way possible.

That said, I also posted last week that there has never been any middle ground with Lansdown. He always swings from one extreme to the other.

Even I didn't expect him to go more nutter than Cotterill!

This is great news.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

He will be thrilled to learn he has your approval.Might just be what it takes to seal the deal.

If Pearson is in charge for Tuesday, I fully expect him to take a look at our lot, decide we are a bunch of weaklings, then name a team of only four players including himself, and just go around intimidating everyone as we grind out a 0-0 draw, before steaming into training Wednesday morning spinning jaws everywhere.

I love it. Please can we get this over the line.

Just now, bpexile said:

Very interesting Dave, I really hope that SL gives this man the time to change things even if the dreaded happens. He seems to have so much to offer that BCFC need badly.

Cheers

Articulate isn’t he.

I do think people’s perception of NP’s persona is way off.  But like Warnock, he’ll create a bit of siege mentality and deflect everything onto media, anyone but the players.

Archived