IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Articulate isn’t he.

I do think people’s perception of NP’s persona is way off.  But like Warnock, he’ll create a bit of siege mentality and deflect everything onto media, anyone but the players.

No doubting he’s an incredibly intelligent and thoughtful coach from what I’ve seen and heard. But he’s also got the steel to go with it.  Just what we need. 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/21/nigel-pearson-bristol-city

32 minutes ago, Bela Lugosis Red said:

Things changing fast for once. Good choice to steady the ship

I wonder where Holden got to?

Landing Jet Propulsion Laboratory GIF by NASA

I meant to say this before, but great user name. Eventually saw Bauhaus in 2004 and have owned a white label of the eponymous debut Love and Rockets album personally inscribed to me by David J since I was 14.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't NP build the majority of the Leicester Premier league winning squad before the ice cream seller took over or have I got my eras mixed up?

Yeh I think that's right. Ranieri came in and won it next season (??)

20 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Not!  When Gary Johnson failed to win the playoff final. This type of approach and appointment was required.

We appointed Steve Coppell after GJ...

If you mean we should have rewarded GJ with the sack after an amazing season, then you are off your head 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

I bet he’s elated to hear that. 

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't NP build the majority of the Leicester Premier league winning squad before the ice cream seller took over or have I got my eras mixed up?

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Yeh I think that's right. Ranieri came in and won it next season (??)

I think we should eventually give Pearson a two year contract then give the job to Ranieri.

From his own website, would appear to be a massive tick next to the 'not destroying what we've built here'

I have a reliable track record of helping to build successful teams, revitalising clubs who have previously struggled, whilst helping to reduce overall squad salary and promoting and recruiting young, talented footballers.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Articulate isn’t he.

I do think people’s perception of NP’s persona is way off.  But like Warnock, he’ll create a bit of siege mentality and deflect everything onto media, anyone but the players.

I always rated him, a bit of a tough guy but when he did that 5Live interview years back, I thought, he's a clever guy. Knows what he wants and where he's at. 

Archived