IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Is Pearson an even better potential appointment than Hughton might have been?

Certainly he seems to have more strings to his bow if he can maintain a balanced working relationship with the owner.

More exciting imho. Hughton woudve been very steady progression,  but Pearson has the higher ceiling I think and a higher propensity for drama! 

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Didn`t he only leave because of the unpleasantness with his son in Thailand? He was pretty much forced to choose between club and family IIRC.

Just checked Wikipedia an that seems to be the case. He took Leicester up, kept them up then left when the Thailand stuff happened. 

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I always rated him, a bit of a tough guy but when he did that 5Live interview years back, I thought, he's a clever guy. Knows what he wants and where he's at. 

Does not suffer fools gladly, I think we can say. Articulate, nice guy? Mnn  Hey, we've been there done that anyway.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

Emad Moteab?

I did say this is what I would do yesterday funnily enough!! The first bit is get him in the door and get a few results and that's when the tougher bit starts.......persuading him that we are a club he can stay at and achieve things in an environment that he can work with. If not he'll keep us up and walk away....................but definitely a chance worth taking and if Steve Lansdown has pulled this off then he deserves credit for at least seeing the car crash ahead of him and slamming the brakes on rather than the accelerator!!

1 minute ago, Jimbo76 said:

Don't want to detract from the anticipation but his managerial record shows a few jobs where he was only in post for a matter of months.

I like him.  But is he really a long term appointment???

...or is this a panic move?

A fantastic panic move ???

Don't want to detract from the anticipation but his managerial record shows a few jobs where he was only in post for a matter of months.

I dont care, we bloody need him and if it's just to get us the 10 points and goodbye then so be it

Seeing as it’s until end of season it makes sense. If he does well surely we address that in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I did say this is what I would do yesterday funnily enough!! The first bit is get him in the door and get a few results and that's when the tougher bit starts.......persuading him that we are a club he can stay at and achieve things in an environment that he can work with. If not he'll keep us up and walk away....................but definitely a chance worth taking and if Steve Lansdown has pulled this off then he deserves credit for at least seeing the car crash ahead of him and slamming the brakes on rather than the accelerator!!

I wouldn't have thought, with all the players we have OOC this summer, that many clubs can offer the clean sweep we can No 1.

Archived