IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

2 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Don't want to detract from the anticipation but his managerial record shows a few jobs where he was only in post for a matter of months.

I like him.  But is he really a long term appointment???

...or is this a panic move?

If you saw that shitshow yesterday, which took some believing that a professional football team could put in a performance like that, and it was your club I think you might panic too.......................

As said by others, as panics go it's a bloody good panic.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

If you saw that shitshow yesterday, which took some believing that a professional football team could put in a performance like that, and it was your club I think you might panic too.......................

Calculated panic! 
best possible “panic” we could've done. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Hopefully we have Baker, Walsh, O'Dowda and Watkins returning in the next few weeks. 

Will certainly make the job a bit easier! Been so few options all season. Will he nice if we can finally have some proper competition for places 

You watch players suddenly not be injured. 

15 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Is Pearson an even better potential appointment than Hughton might have been?

Certainly he seems to have more strings to his bow if he can maintain a balanced working relationship with the owner.

Definitely a better appointment providing he can avoid a bust up with the Lansdowns. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wouldn't hav thought, with all the players we have OOC this summer, that many clubs can offer the clean sweep we can No 1.

Agreed. It will be the structure more than anything. I doubt he needs Teflon's advice on who can play and who can't for example before they are brought in........

Just now, Numero Uno said:

As I said,  I like the guy and I'm excited to see what happens but is he the sort of character that Ashton and the Lansdowns can get on with long term?

Hope so and for the first time in a long time I'm excited about the future. 

Just now, Jimbo76 said:

As I said,  I like the guy and I'm excited to see what happens but is he the sort of character that Ashton and the Lansdowns can get on with long term?

Hope so and for the first time in a long time I'm excited about the future. 

I think that's why the short term with a view to long term works right now. We get a proven manager in the door RIGHT NOW and don't we ever need it?!! At the same time over the rest of the season if we think he's not for us or he think's I can't work under this structure long term then there is no long term commitment issue to untangle.....both parties just say their goodbyes and that's that.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Before even having to strike fear into t he players he would have a presence that would command respect.

I said back in the summer that he talks in a chill way as though he’s been on a mindfulness retreat, but you just know there’s a demon in there somewhere and you wouldn’t want to find out. Loads of experience for him to draw on too.

Let’s hope this happens.

Basically an actual psychopath. No idea how this will pan out, but sure to be exciting 

Archived