IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

3 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Anyone know if he was on the club's radar last August when DH was appointed full time? He'd been sacked as Watford Manager before the end of last season so he was available. Apologies if already answered. Lots of pages to go through. 

No-one was really on the clubs radar other than Dean Holden, we just had to go through a melodramatic 6 week pantomime to give it a semblance of credibility.

Ironically the opposite was achieved.

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Anyone know if he was on the club's radar last August when DH was appointed full time? He'd been sacked as Watford Manager before the end of last season so he was available. Apologies if already answered. Lots of pages to go through. 

I reckon he may be one of the guys that Lansdown mentioned the other day - he said wanted to interview a couple now that he couldn’t before due their circumstances. Pearson had a long bout of Covid so potentially he was still recuperating when we were interviewing for LJ’s replacement. 

The thing I love about Pearson is that he's no fool.

Sure theres a bit of old skool about him, but he's not afraid to embrace new ideas or tech.

The best thing though is his ability to see through chancers.

He WILL know within 2 weeks who wants to play for the shirt and who's there blagging a living.

Those players will be gone from the 1st team.

It could be quite a list

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With due respect I disagree with this - I believe that when every club gets promoted they release players that they think cannot perform adequately at the new, higher level. But they never seem to do the same with managers. When Cotts took us up from league one after that amazing season in 2014/2015 I immediately said, and posted on here, that we should have given him the bonus he so genuinely deserved and told him “thanks Steve, but you aren’t a championship manager, so cheers for what you did for us in league one, here’s a huge amount of money to show our appreciation, but we are gonna find an experienced, successful, proven manager at this level to take us forward...” - but we didn’t do that ... just because managers take us out of league one, why do people think they can automatically be successful at the level above? Players are released, managers aren’t - but you think people with that mindset are ‘off their head’ ?! ?

Kind of agree. But with GJ, we had been expected to face a relegation battle and instead we were one game away from the prem, he had done a miraculous job at that point 

2 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The thing I love about Pearson is that he's no fool.

Sure theres a bit of old skool about him, but he's not afraid to embrace new ideas or tech.

The best thing though is his ability to see through chancers.

He WILL know within 2 weeks who wants to play for the shirt and who's there blagging a living.

Those players will be gone from the 1st team.

It could be quite a list

Can't see Diedhiou or Paterson getting another game.

He needs to have a chat with the skipper..

24 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm feeling a lot more cheerful at this news.  I really hope we will be seeing Mr Pearson on the roof tomorrow.

No chance.

He’s bound to do his hamstring on the way up!

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why hasn't he stepped up already ?

Aren't we always told its a confidence game etc, be honest the team selection/set up has been a bloody shambles for ages now, the whole lot of em including the management have looked like a beaten team before a ball is even kicked. 

Can see Pearson being as much of an excitement to the team as it is to us fans, hopefully it will give them all a boost. 

My memory isn't so good, but I'm recalling Southampton being dead and buried heading for relegation and City played them for Pearsons 1st game in charge.

He had them organised and they went on to beat us and avoid the drop.

The thing that stood out for me, was the organisation he instilled. Let's hope for the same here.

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

Aren't we always told its a confidence game etc, be honest the team selection/set up has been a bloody shambles for ages now, the whole lot of em including the management have looked like a beaten team before a ball is even kicked. 

Can see Pearson being as much of an excitement to the team as it is to us fans, hopefully it will give them all a boost. 

Fair enough.

But I can see Pearson asking the same question as I did - and maybe not actually asking the player himself.

45 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

NP first training session

Strikers - check

Midfielders - check

Centre backs  - check

Left backs - left backs? do we have any ******* left backs?

Paul Simpson “Nigel, hello, hi, we (no-one knows who exactly as we do not know who is injured and why, or if someone may turn up at the press conference later, or about contracts etc... anyway, small detail) decided that during the transfer window, we could become the first football team ever to operate without a left side. Instead we invested in Henri Lansbury who has forgotten how to play football during three years in the wilderness, but has an unbelievable head of hair. We have since lost every game we have played and three passes strung together are celebrated as if the Berlin Wall has come down all over again”.

“Yes another midfielder. Nagy, Massengo, Bakinson?, Oh yeah, not sure what to do with them so we have put a centre-half that was on loan at Aberdeen last season in there.”

Archived