IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His name was wayyy too big - cos it was Denis Smith - apologies! A Malbec Sunday in anticipation of Pearson’s appointment has made me even more pedantic than normal! Sorry chief ?

Sunday was a good day....you ended the day perfectly.

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The thing I love about Pearson is that he's no fool.

Sure theres a bit of old skool about him, but he's not afraid to embrace new ideas or tech.

The best thing though is his ability to see through chancers.

He WILL know within 2 weeks who wants to play for the shirt and who's there blagging a living.

Those players will be gone from the 1st team.

It could be quite a list

Then on the flipside, IF he galvanises the lot of them and makes that decision/distinction much harder it'd be win-win as our performance level and results would go right up.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This appointment would if confirmed- and I won't get excited until it's out and out confirmed although it seems to be widely reported- it would come as a very pleasant surprise.

There is no doubt the voices of the fans has been well and truly heard of NP is appointed.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

There is no doubt the voices of the fans has been well and truly heard of NP is appointed.

People who point out last times this was the case was when SOD and Derek McInnes were appointed have a point!

HOWEVER, I'm convinced Pearson can do a job here and few would argue that he is worse than we had.

It's not just the Highland Park that has put a smile on my face tonight. 

I will be the first to admit, I haven't read every post on every page of this thread as the comments were coming in so thick and fast at the start, by the time you got to the end of one page another 2 pages had been filled! That being said but I haven't read any negative posts in regards to this possible appointment. This happens very rarely on this forum. I cant even remember the last time everybody was in  total agreement .

I will be going to bed in a couple of hours and praying the at there will be an announcement by the time I wake up 

7 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

NP will scare the shite out of these tossers who wear the red shirt. **** me, I would love to be at training and in the dressing room for the next few games.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his first meeting with Ashton in addition...suspect the latter will be put in his place somewhat, will be let know what's what! (Unpopular view but I think he has his uses on the commercial side- but he must stick to that!)

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his first meeting with Ashton in addition...suspect the latter will be put in his place somewhat, will be let know what's what! (Unpopular view but I think he has his uses on the commercial side- but he must stick to that!)

This is the crux of the issue Pop. If NP is appointed he needs to be allowed to get on with the management of team affairs without unnecessary interference. If the status quo of recent years is maintained it could easily be a short reign, with a "we told you so" outcome, leading to the inevitable appointment of another human who can "fit in". We will soon see.

10 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

This is the crux of the issue Pop. If NP is appointed he needs to be allowed to get on with the management of team affairs without unnecessary interference. If the status quo of recent years is maintained it could easily be a short reign, with a "we told you so" outcome, leading to the inevitable appointment of another human who can "fit in". We will soon see.

Yep.

Provided we don't breach FFP, give Pearson what he wants. Everything.

3 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

That's a given of course. 

Of course- that aside Ashton's role should be purely on maximising our commercial side, commercial returns- getting best deals inbound and outbound in the market. Any EFL persuasion too.

That's it- remit changed, pared back- if Pearson wants Ashton's support in any areas of course he should be on tap, but no undue interference.

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

This is what lansdown needed to do to get fans back onside,

Maybe he's seen the way the club was progressing under Jr and ashton and thought he has to step in,

Anyway fingers crossed as he is the type of man we need in our crisis

Maybe reminds me a bit of his 2013 comments. Not watched the interviews posted on here but one quote sticks out...

Well I can't find it but I do recall he took a backseat from 2010-2011 onwards and as JL stepped up we got worse over time. Not entirely his fault of course, but I remember a notable comment which I sadly cannot find about our nadir in 2013- that was SL coming back, when he referenced us hitting a new low as the fans were celebrating a draw at home to Leyton Orient. Think O'Driscoll was moved on not long after that!

Kind of get (hope for) the same feeling a bit with respect to this. Far more faith in SL than the others in terms of running the club halfway competently.

6 hours ago, The Batman said:

Anyone know if he was on the club's radar last August when DH was appointed full time? He'd been sacked as Watford Manager before the end of last season so he was available. Apologies if already answered. Lots of pages to go through. 

Don’t know but he did have covid so wouldn’t have been available at the time

7 hours ago, Porto Red said:

I meant to say this before, but great user name. Eventually saw Bauhaus in 2004 and have owned a white label of the eponymous debut Love and Rockets album personally inscribed to me by David J since I was 14.

Saw them as support to Magazine at the Trinity which fitted their image perfectly. 

Pete Murphy antagonised the crowd.

He wore only a loin cloth and was covered in white body paint .

Strange atmosphere but excellent musically. They weren’t well known at the time and ‘ Goth ‘ was pretty much invented by them. 

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Saw them as support to Magazine at the Trinity which fitted their image perfectly. 

Pete Murphy antagonised the crowd.

He wore only a loin cloth and was covered in white body paint .

Strange atmosphere but excellent musically. They weren’t well known at the time and ‘ Goth ‘ was pretty much invented by them. 

Got tickets to see them this year, was postponed from last April. Haven’t seen them before but always liked them

14 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Very excited by this, but concerned it's only short term. One side must have doubts?

Probably Pearson, rumours of Newcastle being interested at the end of the season. I think he has been given the task of keeping us up and then we go from there so to speak.

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Probably Pearson, rumours of Newcastle being interested at the end of the season. I think he has been given the task of keeping us up and then we go from there so to speak.

Meh. That worries me. If there is potential commitment issues I'd rather look elsewhere to be honest. 

Archived