IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Glad you prefixed your concern with "very happy with this", as I can still say that in 27 pages of comments not one dissenting voice over this appointment to be. I cannot remember that ever being the case before since the inception of OTIB.

Let's just hope Ashton doesn't put his oar in and screw this up at the 11th hour. 

The "Hughes or Pearson" thread has a few saying they wouldn't want him. I guess they've decided silence is the best option for now.

Precisely the sort of appointment we should have been looking to make not just last summer but 5 years ago when Cotts left, 5 years wasted on a borderline incomprehensible 'project'.

Nigel Person would be an appointment we can all understand. Been there and done it. Hopeful that this will be confirmed today.

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Whether Pearson is in place tomorrow night or not, I expect the players to miraculously improve on recent showings. Almost like they are trying harder 

Fans really underestimate the effect that confidence has on footballers, just having a Manager around who can point to his successes can make a huge difference. 

When things are going wrong, they look at everyone else before they look at themselves.

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Why do you think that? We haven’t got time, we have to go to Middlesbrough tomorrow night!

Announcing NP as soon as he signs is critical to give us all a massive lift.  New manger syndrome, everyone’s buzzing there tits off, a few wins on the spin and bingo, back in business.  That’s what I hope this appointment brings... if he arrives that is...

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fans really underestimate the effect that confidence has on footballers, just having a Manager around who can point to his successes can make a huge difference. 

When things are going wrong, they look at everyone else before they look at themselves.

I don’t underestimate confidence at all. Recent performances are so bad I think this goes a bit further than that. We have 4-5 players that aren’t hungry and it shows 

It is interesting that it might only be a deal until the end of the season.

Lansdown clearly said in his interview, it won't be a short term appointment, we will only ever look long-term (or words to that effect) and Pearson is quoted in the Guardian as saying  “I can’t do things half-measure. I don’t do things half-measure. It’s really important for me to commit to something. I’ll only really know when either an opportunity comes along or if I feel that grab inside myself.”

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

Lansdown clearly said in his interview, it won't be a short term appointment, we will only ever look long-term (or words to that effect) and Pearson is quoted in the Guardian as saying  “I can’t do things half-measure. I don’t do things half-measure. It’s really important for me to commit to something. I’ll only really know when either an opportunity comes along or if I feel that grab inside myself.”

I'd NP doesn't want to manage a team in L1 - stay up and he'll stay. 

Just now, TomF said:

I'd NP doesn't want to manage a team in L1 - stay up and he'll stay. 

Exactly that.

I'd be amazed that (providing NP happens) there isn't an extension/clause at the end of it providing we stay up, which includes a significant bonus for doing so, a longer term contract, and the promise of transfer funds to rebuild how he sees fit in the summer.

This could very well be our version of Pat Lam....

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Maybe either Ashton or Pearson (or both) have reservations they can work together well. A try before you but might suit both parties on this occasion  

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Exactly that.

I'd be amazed that (providing NP happens) there isn't an extension/clause at the end of it providing we stay up, which includes a significant bonus for doing so, a longer term contract, and the promise of transfer funds to rebuild how he sees fit in the summer.

This could very well be our version of Pat Lam....

I hope this is true as wouldn’t want us to have to appoint another HC in the summer, especially with the turnover of players that we are likely to see/need.

Archived