IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

In that podcast that @Davefevslinked earlier, Pearson himself said, and I quote word for word “I’m a manager who coaches, not a coach who manages”. 

My only concern with this is it sounds like he needs to be surrounded by an elite coaching team that will take day-to-day training. If he is a manager that coaches, then he'll be more reliant on his coaching team.

On this basis I really hope he brings his own men in, because as of now I don't have a lot of faith in Simpson and Downing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03fmskp

Does Nigel Pearson want the Bristol City job?

Former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson coy on speculation linking him with the newly vacant managerial position at Ashton Gate.

"I'm not ruling anything out but it's got to be the right fit," said the 52-year old.

"I've been out a bit longer than I thought I would be, but having said that if I don't work again this season and end up getting the right job it'll be worth it."

This clip is from 5 Live Sport on Friday 15 January 2016.

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Johnson played Johnson

Cotterill  played Cotterill

Lansdown plays Lansdown

Of course Pearson will play Pearson- it's just all about nepotism at this club.

Did Jordan play Jordan?

And did Dicks play dicks?

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My only concern with this is it sounds like he needs to be surrounded by an elite coaching team that will take day-to-day training. If he is a manager that coaches, then he'll be more reliant on his coaching team.

On this basis I really hope he brings his own men in, because as of now I don't have a lot of faith in Simpson and Downing. 

I get the impression there wouldn't be many ins and outs at this stage for a guy who may only be here for a few months, he may be allowed to bring someone in with him as extra but would be a case of assessing the staff at the club and then if he stays on changes being made in the summer. Why rip up the staff structure at the club if the guy could be gone in a few months and someone else coming in who may then want their own people again. 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

On this basis I really hope he brings his own men in, because as of now I don't have a lot of faith in Simpson and Downing

I have less than zero confidence in these two.

16 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

He was Head Coach at Watford IIRC ?

Fair enough. 
Yep, was just going off what he himself said in that podcast over the weekend. “A manager that coaches not a coach that manages”. I thought it was a very interesting comment. 

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Simpson's team selection v Barnsley confirmed he is as much out of touch as Holden was.

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah NP will want to get into the players heads to create a new mindset and group ethic, and having loyal coaches that know your methods makes that process a lot easier. 

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I much prefer Pearson to Hughton.

Me too, but wouldn’t turn my nose up at either. More referring to the better place we were in all round in the summer. Worry that these last few months have really set us back, but confident NP is the man to steady the ship.  

20 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I much prefer Pearson to Hughton.

I definitely think he is a better fit for us. Hughton is a very good manager but I was never sure his style of play would suit our players.

I feel Pearson will bring in defensive organisation and quick counter attacks. I can see that working for us.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Views of Watford supporters: Nigel Pearson | WFC Forums

Given from the outside it looked like he did a good job there and was harshly dismissed, it's a little surprising to see a mixed bag of comments on him. 

"Rumours are that he fell out with the owner and chief exec who like to micromanage everything and I think NP had had enough"

"He got the squad morale improved. Put an arm around the players shoulders. Then tried to knock sense into some and there was a fracas behind the scenes. Spoke his mind and was removed."

?

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Surely Pearson wouldn’t agree to working with anyone other than his own coaches? 

He can’t be that desperate for work!

2 minutes ago, Greedo said:

Me too, but wouldn’t turn my nose up at either. More referring to the better place we were in all round in the summer. Worry that these last few months have really set us back, but confident NP is the man to steady the ship.  

Fair comments Greedo, and of course the absurd decision to appoint DH certainly have set us back..

No doubt Hughton is a good manager but I was never part of the clamour to bring him here.

Not sure his personality would have fitted here, or his style of play, so he didn't fire me with enthusiasm.

I wanted Cook in the Summer, and again this time, but hadn't seen Pearson as a possible contender.

If, as now seems likely, he is someone the club would accept then he's absolutely the ideal choice imo.

One interesting comment made to me on Twitter -

“He’ll bang some skulls together. Some chairmen think they want this, then realise it’s not for them when it happens.”

Explains why he had short stops in some places. Personally, I think his style and obvious intelligence is a great fit for us. Also, one of the top traits of his teams is organisation. That is currently what we’re lacking.

Let’s do this.

Archived