IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think the obvious question is the potential clash (if he stays on) over how much control for transfers he has, will he be allowed to bring in Walsh, will Ashton be told to stand down etc 

I see this as Lansdowns appointment and against what Ashton would prefer. One way or another if NP joins, we may have a power battle in the summer. Hopefully Ashton then ***** off.

Again, I’m just catching up with this thread. I missed out chunks of it so went and had a re-read. I didn’t get all the ostretch comments. Thank goodness for YouTube, also found some other interviews.

My verdict...I love him, blunt and to the point so much that is almost cruel. But if you don’t want a bollocking from him don’t give him cause to. That’s how I do my job, why should footballers and journalists be any different. 

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Indeed very similar. 

Interesting how they both are surprised he is joining us (us being too small) but also that he will do well. 

The company I work for have an office in Leicester, and they can’t believe he is joining us.
He is held in high regard by most Leicester fans it seems. 

All supposition but it’s entirely possible that as maybe our preferred candidates such as Eddie Howe (taking a break),  Nigel Pearson (Long Covid) and Steven Gerrard (wanting to remain at Rangers) were all unavailable last summer  that we considered our next option Chris Hughton but decided to wait a year to see if one of the others became available. Holden then gets to be a stop gap that didn’t work out.

6 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I see this as Lansdowns appointment and against what Ashton would prefer. One way or another if NP joins, we may have a power battle in the summer. Hopefully Ashton then ***** off.

Rumble in the Jungle Long Ashton Woods?

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Seems held in similar esteem at Leicester as Cotts is here

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/124736-podcast-on-nigel-pearson/#comments

Thoughts on Pearson joining City and Barton in place at Trumpton.

"Interesting clash of personal styles one spouting Kierkegaard and Nietzsche (without having a clue what he’s talking about) and the other calling out ostriches and telling them to FOAD "

18 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

I wonder who leaked the info or was it a delieberate leak by the club??

3 minutes ago, DingleRed said:

I wondered that. Maybe it was deliberate to see what OTIB thought ...... 

It could well have come from Pearson's side - agent perhaps, leaking to one or two chosen journalists and it goes from there.

Archived