IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

3 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I recently found a C64 in my father in law's attic. Perfect condition and complete with joysticks, games etc. Cleaned it up, checked the caps etc. Hardly used as it turns out. Great fun and took me back to my teenage days in the 80s. 

C64's were for the wealthy when I was a kid. We couldn't afford a computer that had more than 8 colours ?

Match Day was the nuts though

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

As others have said, it won’t clash with Boris at 7. So either an announcement between 5-6 or after 8.

I'd rather have the official unveiling at 7pm, instead of that blundering bluffing static ridden idiot.

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Gradual easing of lockdown - check

Children back to school - check

Nigel Pearson new Bristol City Manager - check

"In addition to the school measures announced by Mr Johnson,  the Prime Minister has confirmed that the restrictions that stopped Bristol City players leaving their own half will be relaxed. From this week, the PM continued, City's midfield and defence will no longer have to maintain a 15 yard social distance from its attack; City defenders will be allowed to tackle opponents who are likely to score; and City attackers will be allowed to visit opponents goal mouth and may bring a ball with them."

1 minute ago, RED4LIFE said:

C64's were for the wealthy when I was a kid. We couldn't afford a computer that had more than 8 colours ?

Match Day was the nuts though

My ZX81 was boss. Moved on to an Acorn Electron. Sadly both long gone. Chuffed to find the C64. Back to BASIC(s) for me. Hopefully our beloved team soon too!!

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

My ZX81 was boss. Moved on to an Acorn Electron. Sadly both long gone. Chuffed to find the C64. Back to BASIC(s) for me. Hopefully our beloved team soon too!!

We had a ZX81 in my Junior School.

10    PRINT                    THE GAS ARE SHIT

20   GOTO                     10

6 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

When was the last time fans were this excited before an appointment ? SOD?

Well, Mrs Downend did buy a new pair of support tights just prior to LJ being appointed.

It got me a bit excited!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

F28D3611-A5C9-42FD-9C6F-0BD1D790B5E0.jpeg

I bet you can do an impression of the loading noise.

urrrr, uh,

urrr, u-u-urrrrrrr

I have a Spectrum and ZX81 in the loft.

The trouble is you can't use them unless you have an old CRT TV as the signal they put out isn't strong enough for the flat screens you get now.

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I am simply pointing out that some Watford fans don't think he did such a great job, as confirmed here: Views of Watford supporters: Nigel Pearson | WFC Forums

Their last two games were against Man City and Arsenal so dubious to suggest they definitely would have stayed up had he remained in post. I agree, from the outside it looked like he did very well, but then I doubt any of us were watching all of Watford's games. 

That and Aston Villa had an inordinate amount of luck. They may well have gone down with those last 2.

1) Goalline tech fails for one and only time since inception on Day 1 of return. Aston Villa benefit.

2) Lot of sides with little to play for. Indeed Arsenal with a forward line of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah and Pepe all surely playing for Cup final places fail to muster so much as a shot on target vs a ropey, struggling against relegation side. Of course Watford final game at Emirates, bad luck in the circs!

3) When Aston Villa go to West Ham final day, not the West Ham who rallied quite well but survival secured. On the beach a bit maybe?

Yes my views have some bias, I really wanted Aston Villa to go down but with such luck in their favour would Pearson have got the necessary from Watford's last two?

Fwiw I think he did excellent work there, but it's possible they may still have dropped in any case.

Archived