IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

11 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Nigel “the wolfman” Pearson will be announced tonight at Ashton Gate then head back to his hide up near Failand to wrestle with a badger or two before heading off to Middlesbrough tomorrow to lead us to victory.????

I heard he’s going to fight a bear in Ashton woods and ride it to Middlesbrough

Not to defend the club unnecessarily, but on the weird 6 week process in the summer:

Could it be that Hughton fell through, and Pearson was second choice. He was ill, so they waited and waiting hoping he'd recover... it sounds like a pretty nasty long term thing he had, but with covid it's really not well known how long it can last and the effects. Then after a few weeks Pearson still can't join/start, it all hits breaking point, season was about to begin, and they had to make a choice so went for Holden?

It's still a cock up, and I'm just guessing - but from Lansdown's interview recently about people now being available, and the speed of the appointment it just got me thinking.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

It's still a cock up, and I'm just guessing - but from Lansdown's interview recently about people now being available, and the speed of the appointment it just got me thinking.

Please don't talk about the speed of the appointment until it is  official. I still have the scars from Hughton supposedly being about to be announced. 

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Not to defend the club unnecessarily, but on the weird 6 week process in the summer:

Could it be that Hughton fell through, and Pearson was second choice. He was ill, so they waited and waiting hoping he'd recover... it sounds like a pretty nasty long term thing he had, but with covid it's really not well known how long it can last and the effects. Then after a few weeks Pearson still can't join/start, it all hits breaking point, season was about to begin, and they had to make a choice so went for Holden?

It really wouldn't surprise me if Pearson was even 1st choice 'okay we're prepared to wait 2 weeks to see if you recover but after that we'll have to look elsewhere'

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

He don’t stand any messing about ?

I must admit that I’d not really followed Pearson closely over the years and didn’t know an awful lot about his character aside from the generic media view of him being a head case.  
However, I’ve watched a lot of interviews and listened to a lot of pods this last 24 hours and I have to say I think the bloke is brilliant. 

4 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Will be interesting for sure. Would also of been interesting to see if this mess would of transpired in the first place if we had appointed someone of Pearson’s standing last summer rather than a joke manager with no experience or credentials.

for me the injury situation can’t be all bad luck. Much of it is on the medical staff and the manager who rushed players back too soon and is responsible for what happens at training where loads of these injuries occurred.

If Pearson was here in January I’m pretty sure he would of demanded a left back as well.

Didn't Ashton have 3 LBs lined up tbh or am I getting this wrong.

Thought I read it was between Cunningham, Manning and Pedersen? All have their good and bad points but all are natural in their position.

Was a move for any blocked or were they just paper talk etc?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Didn't Ashton have 3 LBs lined up tbh or am I getting this wrong.

Thought I read it was between Cunningham, Manning and Pedersen? All have their good and bad points but all are natural in their position.

Was a move for any blocked or were they just paper talk etc?

That's something that's been reported, board didn't want to finance another move, Manning surely would have been a loan with Swansea having only signed him at the start of the season

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

As others have said, it won’t clash with Boris at 7. So either an announcement between 5-6 or after 8.

SL and Pearson doing live press conference from Downing Street. 

Boris doing Pandemic update from the roof of the Lansdown later. 

32 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

If you were a player, glanced across and saw that face and posture.....

... the tightness in my hamstring would be gone, as if by magic! 

Archived