IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You tell him to 'get on the roof'! ?

26 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Not to defend the club unnecessarily, but on the weird 6 week process in the summer:

Could it be that Hughton fell through, and Pearson was second choice. He was ill, so they waited and waiting hoping he'd recover... it sounds like a pretty nasty long term thing he had, but with covid it's really not well known how long it can last and the effects. Then after a few weeks Pearson still can't join/start, it all hits breaking point, season was about to begin, and they had to make a choice so went for Holden?

It's still a cock up, and I'm just guessing - but from Lansdown's interview recently about people now being available, and the speed of the appointment it just got me thinking.

15 times I've looked at this site today and still no news. .... Come on city sort it out ..

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

I must admit that I’d not really followed Pearson closely over the years and didn’t know an awful lot about his character aside from the generic media view of him being a head case.  
However, I’ve watched a lot of interviews and listened to a lot of pods this last 24 hours and I have to say I think the bloke is brilliant. 

I’ve read and listened to a fair bit over the years.  I did think he was a bit too “media-trained”, but I think he is just measured, takes his time to answer, etc, whilst happy to give an answer that goes against what the interviewer expected him to say.  He’s not a real football-cliche man is he.

The NTT20 pod had these pull-outs for me on recruitment:

• know what you’re looking for
  • know what your team has
  • know what you haven’t got
  • know what you need to get

plus the following is really important:

• recruitment
  • you need an identity
  • you need to have shared goals and beliefs 
  • recruitment again - it’s got to fit what you need.

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

I must admit that I’d not really followed Pearson closely over the years and didn’t know an awful lot about his character aside from the generic media view of him being a head case.  
However, I’ve watched a lot of interviews and listened to a lot of pods this last 24 hours and I have to say I think the bloke is brilliant. 

He really is. Saw him on Goals on Sunday before Christmas sometime and he just came across so so well. He talked about being ready to return when the right opportunity arose and I hoped then it would be us. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve read and listened to a fair bit over the years.  I did think he was a bit too “media-trained”, but I think he is just measured, takes his time to answer, etc, whilst happy to give an answer that goes against what the interviewer expected him to say.  He’s not a real football-cliche man is he.

The NTT20 pod had these pull-outs for me on recruitment:

• know what you’re looking for
  • know what your team has
  • know what you haven’t got
  • know what you need to get

plus the following is really important:

• recruitment
  • you need an identity
  • you need to have shared goals and beliefs 
  • recruitment again - it’s got to fit what you need.

Oh no, not another gaffer with an Identity philosophy. Ohhh it's Pearson. That's all right then.

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That's something that's been reported, board didn't want to finance another move, Manning surely would have been a loan with Swansea having only signed him at the start of the season

Assume it'd have been a loan, checked some stats other day and Manning 4 goals, 7 assists at QPR last season though a lack of gametime this. 

Either way I'm unsure Ashton should take the flak in that instance, if indeed he had 3 serviceable options lined up.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Oh no, not another gaffer with an Identity philosophy. Ohhh it's Pearson. That's all right then.

Depends if you mean it or not....or whether it’s just words!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Assume it'd have been a loan, checked some stats other day and Manning 4 goals, 7 assists at QPR last season though a lack of gametime this. 

Either way I'm unsure Ashton should take the flak in that instance, if indeed he had 3 serviceable options lined up.

A certain person (@lrrr) had compiled a nice scouting report of Manning last year.  A very good read. ??????

Just now, LoyalRed said:

Almost 6pm and no news,  what is to say they haven't kept in on hold while they interview others ......?

SL is letting MA do all his shortlisting, phone calls, etc, to keep him out of the way, whilst he announces Pearson on top the roof at Lansdown Towers., 

Just to be clear. He would be massive at this stage of the game. For sure he can get us 4 wins to make us clear of relegation. But... if we sign him now and the players get used to him and etc, why would they sign him only "until the end of the season" He would be probably the best manager when it comes to "numbers" . He had some succes, I barely remember any manager that came to us after he won promotion except Steve Coppel that did nothing just to run.

Let's hope he comes and let's just make him a good offer to stay next season also.

P.S. For sure he is not an YES MAN. He is a winner.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Depends if you mean it or not....or whether it’s just words!

A certain person (@lrrr) had compiled a nice scouting report of Manning last year.  A very good read. ??????

Never mind manning. Was an absolute fail that we didn’t sign Brittain on I think it was a free transfer from mk dons in the summer. Another failing of our recruitment and scouting setup. Would have made such a difference to our right side compared to hunt

Archived