IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

I haven't had time to real all the post on this topic, so I may be saying something that's been said already, my apologies in advance.

Apart from my expectations that both our performances, and results will drastically improve, I'm really looking forward to Pearson ruffling a few feathers!

He may only be with us for 6 months, but it is going to be a crucial 6 months. Assuming he does join us of course.

COYR.

46 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Never in the history of Bristol City have so many put their faith in one man.

It's a bit terrifying when you think about it.

Normally new appointments can only upset 60% or so, with the other 40% saying "should've stuck with the old guy!"

4 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

I haven't had time to real all the post on this topic, so I may be saying something that's been said already, my apologies in advance.

Apart from my expectations that both our performances, and results will drastically improve, I'm really looking forward to Pearson ruffling a few feathers!

He may only be with us for 6 months, but it is going to be a crucial 6 months. Assuming he does join us of course.

COYR.

NP is no fool, and I would not be surprised if he has demanded a clause in the contract stating that he can bring in his own back room staff/team if he keeps us up etc. 

Goodbye Ashton!!!

27 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I can’t recall OTIB ever being so harmonious as we are currently about this appointment

I think we’ve had a few - GJ (except the troll), McInnes, SoD and Coppell.  

So, let’s move on to how the announcement will be done.

Can’t see us getting a manager on the roof. 
Holden was on the pitch with an oversized scarf...

I’m going for a stock photo of Nigel, with Robins graphics top and bottom. Not too sure he’d have actually set foot in Bristol yet today.

Couple of interesting snippets from Gregor's article. Apologies if already covered.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nigel-pearson-finally-bring-necessary-5031925

The Robins made enquiries into several top-level candidates such as Eddie Howe and Slavisa Jokanovic but Pearson was interested immediately, available now and the club recognises that the 57-year-old can provide a leadership that could finally see the club really challenge for promotion. He was not in contention in the summer, when he suffered a bout of rheumatoid arthritis with swollen joints, but the initial phone call with CEO Mark Ashton last week immediately sparked good chemistry.

If accurate, explains a few things! Medical issues in the Summer apparently. Good to see us aiming high too and the last bit might assuage a few fears, at least in the immediate term?

Pearson dealt with the volatile set-up at Watford and reportedly fell out with the owners at Leicester City in his first spell there, and if he can deal with that then he can handle the ownership at most clubs. He said last week that he knew what he was getting into at Watford, and he will have done his homework: at City he will find ambition and good backing, with Landown explaining last week that there is leeway to spend in the summer for whoever is the head coach then.

This is good. There were questions about whether Hughton had indeed done his homework to the fullest extent last summer?

A first task will be to delve into the medical side in BS3 and root out any problems that have seen City lose almost every senior left-footed player at the club.

This bit puzzles me- why every natural left footer pretty much falling to injury? It really can unbalance a side that.

Longer term, Pearson will have to gel with Ashton - and press conferences and pre- and post-match meetings between the pair will be a fascinating watch. The right recruitment of players, as ever, will also be crucial to progress.

More of a challenge for sure, longer term- I'd argue quicker than that, medium possibly even anything beyond that initial phone call!

There could be some fireworks along the way, but if all goes well City may have a surefire winner and someone who will not brook mediocrity or low standards. Fan clashes, jousts with journalists, clashes with players and management staff have littered Pearson's managerial career. It may not be quiet.

It definitely will not be dull! He'll give 100% and expect it from everyone in return.

Archived