IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

City Chief Executive Mark Ashton added: “Nigel is a highly respected and experienced manager with a proven track record of success and we are looking forward to welcoming him to the club.”

....before adding "Okay Nigel, can you let me out of this headlock now please"

“...experienced with a proven track record ... “ - many have been howling for a gaffer with those credentials for years - why didn’t it occur to MA to go for one of those guys before?! Unbelievable...

3 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Do you think if this shit show of a season didn't happen they would have even considered approaching someone like Pearson?? 

I very much doubt it.Most of us have been critical of SL at times,but credit where it is due.(Or perhaps overdue.)

This is a massive appointment at a pivotal time for the club. There’s no doubt IMO that he’s the best man for the job right now, and credit to SL for getting him in quickly (no doubt expedited by Kalas and Simpson’s interviews after the latest dismal performance). 

In many ways, this appointment will tell us the real state of BCFC and Ashton’s reign. Pearson’s walked away from previous jobs because of politics and even the introduction of drones at Derby, so he won’t take any shit. I think it’ll go one of two ways:

1. He keeps us up this year, is backed by SL in the summer and makes us genuine top-six contenders next season

2. He’ll resign pretty quickly after seeing the true state of the club and the level of Ashton’s interference. 

One thing’s for sure: it’s an appointment to unite the fans and I’m going to enjoy the ride. COYR!

1 minute ago, LondonRobin said:

you sign Joey Barton we sign Nigel Pearson?

We were just waiting for the Gas to announce their thug before blowing them off the back page with the King Nigel appointment.

Well done to Steve Lansdown. A wise man is someone who admits his mistakes .

This appointment deserves to be a big success for Mr L and all us long suffering supporters.

• The title was changed to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season
1 minute ago, tin said:

This is a massive appointment at a pivotal time for the club. There’s no doubt IMO that he’s the best man for the job right now, and credit to SL for getting him in quickly (no doubt expedited by Kalas and Simpson’s interviews after the latest dismal performance). 

In many ways, this appointment will tell us the real state of BCFC and Ashton’s reign. Pearson’s walked away from previous jobs because of politics and even the introduction of drones at Derby, so he won’t take any shit. I think it’ll go one of two ways:

1. He keeps us up this year, is backed by SL in the summer and makes us genuine top-six contenders next season

2. He’ll resign pretty quickly after seeing the true state of the club and the level of Ashton’s interference. 

One thing’s for sure: it’s an appointment to unite the fans and I’m going to enjoy the ride. COYR!

Ashton is on his last chance saloon, if Pearson ain't here in August then nor should Ashton 

Just now, Not Banksy said:

Alls well that ends well I suppose ?? (Just our luck it will be Coppell episode 2 though of course ?)

Please mate.Dont even say that as a joke.I actually think we have some capable football players and am looking forward to seeing what Nigel can get out of them.Especially the younger ones.

Job title is irrelevant. duties are all important. And people being excited over saying they'll reassess in the summer... Like they'd come out and say "if he does great we're defo not interested!"

I want him to do well, so that he gains the trust of SL, and that shifts how transfers are done, that's the key thing about this appointment. If Pearson fails it's a big win for how we've done things previously which should be on its last legs.

This could be a real course change for the club, so I'm hopeful.

But it's a tough day to be a bird with this manager... 

Archived