IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

10 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Is it fair to say the players are going to be pretty excited too?

Shitting themselves hopefully. But think they will soon realise once they work with him there is no need for that and that he will protect them and have their backs as long as they perform to the best of their abilities every time.  Which should be a given of course but doesn’t seem to have been for some of them recently!  

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I hope all this hype and excitement pays off and he can turn things around.

This team look shot and with no ability to do any transfers and this horrific injury situation that hasn't gone away, we need a miracle to turn this mess around.

Feet firmly on the ground.

There is still more than enough quality in this squad to stay up this season. I’m sure Nigel has done his due diligence on the players he has available and has taken the job on confident he can turn things around.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

So - both Bristol clubs get a new manager on the same day. 

Rovers get a guy who once stubbed a cigar out in someone's eye.

We get a guy who once gouged a wolf's eye out with his bare hands.

I'm backing Pearson in a fight. 

I can see the middle east shaking in its boots. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

So - both Bristol clubs get a new manager on the same day. 

Rovers get a guy who once stubbed a cigar out in someone's eye.

We get a guy who once gouged a wolf's eye out with his bare hands.

I'm backing Pearson in a fight. 

Mind the gap, as they say.....

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Shitting themselves hopefully. But think they will soon realise once they work with him there is no need for that and that he will protect them and have their backs as long as they perform to the best of their abilities every time.  Which should be a given of course but doesn’t seem to have been for some of them recently!  

Indeed. I'd have thought the players will be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Those who want to be pushed and relish a challenge will be delighted.

Those who were enjoying coasting will be getting concerned. 

Chris Martin is probably not going to be happy having been bombed out by Pearson at Derby because he wanted quicker strikers but I'd have thought it is good news for Semenyo. Reckon Kalas and Moore might both be pleased by the appointment - both strike me as players that want to be pushed a bit. 

I haven’t been this excited about a manager appointment ever! GJ and SC  were clearly brilliant in recent times but their appointments were not of this level. I didn’t think we would get someone of his calibre and that he’d be out of our reach but fair play to SL he’s woken up at last! And manager too, superb! 

This feels epic.

35 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

This is the best appointment we’ve made ever in our history.  Let’s hope he can do the business and get us the up this league table.  Best of luck to you NP,  Im a believer.  

So not Alan Dicks then? A League Cup semi-final, FA Cup quarter-final and promotion to the First Division?

Or Harry Thickett? An FA Cup Final, promotion to the First Division with a runners-up finish just 3 points shy of being the Champions of all England?

Pearson's been here half an hour and he beats that lot already?

I'm as happy tonight as you but let's keep a sense of perspective.    

Steve Lansdown deserves this appointment to work out, as i am  certain it will.  He has at last made a positive and timely decision which seems to have very good reaction from all the loyal, and "desperate for success" supporters......It is also decisive and quick...............Well done Steve!  COYR.  

13 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think you are wrong on the job title. There are clear distinctions between the two which is fairly obvious. This is a marker for things to come. I.e. far more influence, and rightly so, over transfers than either Lee or Dean had.

We're not in a period where we can do much with transfers, so it doesn't matter right now. He can call himself god of recruitment if he likes.

Maybe, maybe we find a free agent. Other than that, can't do much of anything.

It's only a sign of things to come IF this works and we want to extend the deal.

Archived