IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. I'd have thought the players will be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Those who want to be pushed and relish a challenge will be delighted.

Those who were enjoying coasting will be getting concerned. 

Chris Martin is probably not going to be happy having been bombed out by Pearson at Derby because he wanted quicker strikers but I'd have thought it is good news for Semenyo. Reckon Kalas and Moore might both be pleased by the appointment - both strike me as players that want to be pushed a bit. 

Think we’ll see a lot more of Nagy and Massengo too. COD and Pato not so much. 

I think Pearson is a great appointment and (as long as we stay up) if he's backed financially in the summer he could really get us in the play off mix next year.

We've got the makings of a reasonable squad and with 3 or 4 quality additions we should be able to give it a good go

This may sound strange but i'd actually accept a mid table finish next season as long as the football is entertaining and we play with a plan... in the same way as Barnsley and Blackburn etc seem to do!

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

So - both Bristol clubs get a new manager on the same day. 

Rovers get a guy who once stubbed a cigar out in someone's eye.

We get a guy who once gouged a wolf's eye out with his bare hands.

I'm backing Pearson in a fight. 

Incidentally my above post has now got me wondering. Do we reckon Lee Johnson ever picked a fight with a pack of Wolves as one of his exercises in understanding how people make decisions in high pressure situations?

A world exclusive excerpt from Pearson’s introduction to the squad, “I don't know what you want. If you’re looking for an easy ride I can’t help you. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.”

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Incidentally my above post has now got me wondering. Do we reckon Lee Johnson ever picked a fight with a pack of Wolves as one of his exercises in understanding how people make decisions in high pressure situations?

Actually Lee did fight a wolf once - I believe that he was once one of the three little pigs who took on Wofie alongsdie the City Cat.

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Think we’ll see a lot more of Nagy and Massengo too. COD and Pato not so much. 

Yeah - I was thinking just now that Nagy and Massengo might both do well under Pearson. I think COD and Paterson will either sink or swim. It might be this is what they need to push them to perform consistently but I certainly don’t think Pearson will appreciate players who only turn it on sporadically.

4 minutes ago, mjd said:

I am excited Of this and now will be watching tomorrow ,. Don’t expect miracles right away , but  who can tell .  Coyr  .  

He’s not taking the team tomorrow, just in the stands. Hopefully his presence will provoke a response?

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So not Alan Dicks then? A League Cup semi-final, FA Cup quarter-final and promotion to the First Division?

Or Harry Thickett? An FA Cup Final, promotion to the First Division with a runners-up finish just 3 points shy of being the Champions of all England?

Pearson's been here half an hour and he beats that lot already?

I'm as happy tonight as you but let's keep a sense of perspective.    

oh behave!

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I was thinking just now that Nagy and Massengo might both do well under Pearson. I think COD and Paterson will either sink or swim. It might be this is what they need to push them to perform consistently but I certainly don’t think Pearson will appreciate players who only turn it on sporadically.

Last we have see of Wells in a city shirt?!?

22 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Had to laugh at this post on the Bournemouth Forum

But bit depressing we spent 3 weeks looking and couldn't find anyone, whilst Bristol City find Pearson in just over a week

Bournemouth: 3 weeks and we appointed from within. How depressing

BCFC: Holden my beer...

apparently Bournemouth didn't even return his call!

25 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think you are wrong on the job title. There are clear distinctions between the two which is fairly obvious. This is a marker for things to come. I.e. far more influence, and rightly so, over transfers than either Lee or Dean had.

I think that is a massively valid point. There is no way that NP would work under the constraints that Lee and Dean did.

My suspicion is that nice Mr Ashton has had his wings well and truly clipped. 

I am delighted with this appointment and hope that he is here for the long term, as SL said in his interview we are OK on FFP so room for Nigel there and with hopefully fans back in next season we might just to on the up here.

This is an SL appointment without question and it is something we truly needed.

Lets move forward now.

I am actually really proud of Lansdown for making this appointment.

What a breath of fresh air for this club. Finally got a manager with a bigger rep than the players to inspire them a bit. I was genuinely worried about players like Kalas and Wells, they must have been eyeing up other clubs rather than working under some nobody, unambitious appointments. 

Big credit to SL, finally the penny has dropped. He will have had to swallow a bit of pride to do this. Good for him. 

15 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I think Pearson is a great appointment and (as long as we stay up) if he's backed financially in the summer he could really get us in the play off mix next year.

We've got the makings of a reasonable squad and with 3 or 4 quality additions we should be able to give it a good go

This may sound strange but i'd actually accept a mid table finish next season as long as the football is entertaining and we play with a plan... in the same way as Barnsley and Blackburn etc seem to do!

( Understand your thoughts )

But the best thing is , Pearson himself certainly won’t (Assuming he stays)

Archived