IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

Pearson literally was on the verge of saving a doomed looking Watford team last season, turning them around from 7 points adrift to being stupidly sacked 2 matches before the end of the season and 3 points clear of safety.

He should be managing in the premier league.

Absolutely over the moon with this appointment and we are incredibly lucky to have him, I really hope the club provides full support as Pearson is the caliber of manager to get us to the next level.

10 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Last we have see of Wells in a city shirt?!?

More likely that we see more of Wells now and his potential.

Nige likes a 4-2-3-1 and will no doubt be looking to get the best out of Nahki.

Also, Wells will probably respond to a manager that he professionally respects.

I am not a negative bloke really, but when everyone was losing their shit over Copple, I called him out as he was not up for it, I got pasted for it...he walked.

So it is with great relief that we have a manager of such ability here, I am excited, but feet firmly on the ground, he has a hard job, we will need not to turn on him so readily if results are not forthcoming.

He really could be a bit special and take this club to the Prem, probably not this season though.

2 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

I am not a negative bloke really, but when everyone was losing their shit over Copple, I called him out as he was not up for it, I got pasted for it...he walked.

So it is with great relief that we have a manager of such ability here, I am excited, but feet firmly on the ground, he has a hard job, we will need not to turn on him so readily if results are not forthcoming.

He really could be a bit special and take this club to the Prem, probably not this season though.

exactly that,he is going to need a few games to see what each individual can and cant do and work it out so they perform together as a unit

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

More likely that we see more of Wells now and his potential.

Nige likes a 4-2-3-1 and will no doubt be looking to get the best out of Nahki.

Also, Wells will probably respond to a manager that he professionally respects.

I would have thought, given he's more than likely off in a few weeks, we will see less of Fam up front and more of Nahki in his proper position.

That left side still has a gaping gap that we can't currently fill though, hence my question as to when some of them damn lefties might be back.

5 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Could be the final piece in the puzzle, save us this season, with the players out on contract he will have scope to build his own team quickly

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would have thought, given he's more than likely off in a few weeks, we will see less of Fam up front and more of Nahki in his proper position.

That left side still has a gaping gap that we can't currently fill though, hence my question as to when some of them damn lefties might be back.

Yes this is what I think. Would not imagine Pearson tolerating Fam not signing a contract then playing him every minute.

Left-back is an awful situation. Not heard much about Pring or Nurse recently, so assume they are still way off.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Yes this is what I think. Would not imagine Pearson tolerating Fam not signing a contract then playing him every minute.

Left-back is an awful situation. Not heard much about Pring or Nurse recently, so assume they are still way off.

Think Sess can do a job at LB for sure . Just need him to get fully fit .

Agree that Fam should be nowhere near the team until he signs a deal. Was so obvious he was playing for a move away in January.

5 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Maybe Harper could get a look-in after all..

32 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Incidentally my above post has now got me wondering. Do we reckon Lee Johnson ever picked a fight with a pack of Wolves as one of his exercises in understanding how people make decisions in high pressure situations?

Yep - part of his SAS and Jedi knight training, was supposed to be filmed by his Drones but the video failed ... apparently took out a pack of Wolves and a Bear.

41 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Steve Lansdown deserves this appointment to work out, as i am  certain it will.  He has at last made a positive and timely decision which seems to have very good reaction from all the loyal, and "desperate for success" supporters......It is also decisive and quick...............Well done Steve!  COYR.  

Did Pearson apply for the job or was he approached by Lansdown?

11 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Yeah. I think wells could do really well under Pearson. 

Most of them could probably do better than we've been seeing recently. If they can't (or won't) I'm sure NP will know in a few weeks. With contracts running out over the summer, the squad could potentially look very different next season. 

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Did Pearson apply for the job or was he approached by Lansdown?

Lansdown clearly had enough of the procrastination and after seeing the latest shambles against Reading, poured himself a large Brandy, told Maggie to fetch his filofax, and took it by the scruff of the neck making some calls and deciding if you need a job done, do it yourself.

I for one have found it brilliant watching him firing up his engines in the last week and righting some of the wrongs. Not sure it has finished yet either. I think there will be a day of reckoning for Mark Ashton over the Holden fiasco, but SL will delay that and hope it looks after itself (Ipswich etc).

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

You know you have a good manager when you read the twitter replies and have fans from so many other clubs even in the same leauge wishing him well

Massive well done Steve L

No more what if’s with this appointment, this is s genuinely ambitious move by our club and after so many disappointments with underwhelming management appointments over the years.  

This time, ambitious talk has actually been backed up by ambitious action and really hope this will be the start of this club genuinely moving on to better things.

Buzzing with this one and certainly didn’t see it coming a few days ago.

45 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Put me down for 2 season tickets Mr Lansdown

Yep, Bristol City will always have my support but been really struggling to keep up the enthusiasm these last 2 or 3 years.

Was very dubious about getting a ST, but that's all changed tonight.

All credit to SL for a superb appointment. :city:

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, Bristol City will always have my support but been really struggling to keep up the enthusiasm these last 2 or 3 years.

Was very dubious about getting a ST, but that's all changed tonight.

All credit to SL for a superb appointment. :city:

Noggers, just make sure you DON’T have your photo taken with Nige, I’m STILL blaming you for Coppell ?

Archived