IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

51 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I was thinking just now that Nagy and Massengo might both do well under Pearson. I think COD and Paterson will either sink or swim. It might be this is what they need to push them to perform consistently but I certainly don’t think Pearson will appreciate players who only turn it on sporadically.

That’s our entire squad atm.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, Bristol City will always have my support but been really struggling to keep up the enthusiasm these last 2 or 3 years.

Was very dubious about getting a ST, but that's all changed tonight.

All credit to SL for a superb appointment. :city:

Off to the ticket office at furious pace

The squad without the injured players is very thin indeed with some players out of position.NP usually plays 4.2.3.1 when under the cosh.Could suit us. I realise that our coaches are less than popular but they are seasoned professionals and capable of drilling the squad to NPs liking. It’s now up to the Manager to get them focused and confident. It’s a bumpy ride.

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The press reports suggest Pearson expressed an interest but who knows 

It would be good if it was Lansdown. "Hay Nige how you doing fella? were in the deep stuff here any chance you can come and help out?".

Witch giving that he keeps us up and has us playing some football puts him in such a strong position.

Imagine after that Lansdown will have to offer him a contract with Pearson bringing in the team he wants.

If he leaves after that and we thank him for his service, well the shit and fan hitting will hit an all time level.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Hahaha. You did that and you defend LJ! Brilliant!

It was a short sighted appointment. Okay he might get us up (and did) but then what? To be fair Lansdown timed his dimissal perfectly.

LJ is a far better manager. 

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Job title is irrelevant.

Job titles are very relevant. Managers manage; coaches coach; executives execute; directors direct. 

I’m delighted that NP is the manager as it makes him truly accountable for footballing matters. The buck starts and stops with him. As it should. 

Welcome Nigel. 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

Again, I’m just catching up with this thread. I missed out chunks of it so went and had a re-read. I didn’t get all the ostretch comments. Thank goodness for YouTube, also found some other interviews.

My verdict...I love him, blunt and to the point so much that is almost cruel. But if you don’t want a bollocking from him don’t give him cause to. That’s how I do my job, why should footballers and journalists be any different. 

He isn't Ginge?

58 positive pages and pretty much everything has been said. 

Welcome to Bristol City Football Club Mr Pearson. Sincerely looking forward to witnessing the difference an experienced manager makes. 

Mr Lansdown, a massive and genuine thank you. Your astonishing commitment and contribute richly deserves to be rewarded with success.

We now have: 

(a) a strong chance of staying in the Championship at the end of this season 

(b) the possibility of securing an experienced manager for the longer-term

(c) an excited and united fan-base 

(d) the realistic prospect of matching our off the pitch progress e.g. stadium, training ground, etc with success on the pitch

Suddenly being a life-long City fan has put a huge smile back on my chops ?

Always believe.

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Job titles are very relevant. Managers manage; coaches coach; executives execute; directors direct. 

I’m delighted that NP is the manager as it makes him truly accountable for footballing matters. The buck starts and stops with him. As it should. 

Welcome Nigel. 

I disagree. He's here for half a year. None of the signings are his. He's essentially a head coach, he's got given players now coach them to results. 

If he stays longer its a different question, but right now it means nothing. 

Think its a great appointment to be honest still. 

I think the success seen with bringing in an 'experienced manager' in Pat Lam and letting him get on with it has rubbed off on Lansdown and he's finally decided to follow the same approach for City instead of the usual 'up and coming' appointment. 

He definitely wasn't an Ashton appointment as I can't see Pearson and the used-car salesman being best of friends! I think in the summer either Ashton goes or Pearson goes.   

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

I am thinking how many ******* hells he will have said after watching the first 5 minutes of tomorrow night's match. My answer would 300. 

Or could be just one long drawn out **"*""" elllllllllllll lasting 5 minutes ?

So I've got players out of position, players playing who don't want to commit , can't wait for Wednesday morning.

Of course I am very happy with this appointment. But it's the until the end of the season part that bothers me.

Knowing Ashton, he's probably planning some other hipster bullshit for next season, like appointing the catering manager (who's vision for the club and relationship with the players impresses him) with a team of wizards to work under him as coaches... or something.

Hopefully Pearson rallies us and he's allowed to build a team over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Of course I am very happy with this appointment. But it's the until the end of the season part that bothers me.

Knowing Ashton, he's probably planning some other hipster bullshit for next season, like appointing the catering manager (who's vision for the club and relationship with the players impresses him) with a team of wizards to work under him as coaches... or something.

Hopefully Pearson rallies us and he's allowed to build a team over the summer.

Just imagine the backlash if that happened... 

4 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Scattered throughout these 60 odd pages I have seen a few links to different pieces about Pearson, whether tactical , transfers etc. Has anyone managed to round them up and could post them as one easy to find resource . It will take forever to go through and find them ha 

Lazy bastard. ?

Archived