IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

49 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Love to be a fly on the wall when Pearson meets our medical department ?..... And the 15 current first team players out injured. 

My bet is there isn't 15 out Injured for Swansea on Saturday. 

Clearly this is one of the major issues to be addressed as part of the new set-up (right Steve??).

Absolutely Fantastic Appointment. Let’s hope he can get the confidence back into the team and start creating chances again and who knows we might even win a corner!! 

Hopefully he manages to turns things around and signs a longer contract before the end of the season!! 

Big question if he keeps us up and we retain him, but make no mistake he's just the type of manager come summer (and this one in particular,) when there will be hundreds of young and underrated players up for grabs and Pearson is as good as any at identifying them. 

The bad news for most City players is he knows shite when he sees it thus whether they'll see merit in playing for him, I'm not sure.

Until the end of the season could dictate the next 5-6 years of where City go. It's THAT significant.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pearson’s first presser at Watford.

Just listening myself.

Really interesting.  Thought provoking answers.

Really like how he talks, very measured, willing to slow down mid sentence to consider what he’s saying

Congratulations are due to us all.

Although we lost the chase for Joey Barton to Rovers, we have faced defeat with dignity and grace.

No bitter moaning of disappointment, no cries of what could have/should have been, just a cautious hope and warm welcome for this Pearson guy.

I'm proud of everyone.

Well done all you brave, brave soldiers.

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Big question if he keeps us up and we retain him, but make no mistake he's just the type of manager come summer (and this one in particular,) when there will be hundreds of young and underrated players up for grabs and Pearson is as good as any at identifying them. 

The bad news for most City players is he knows shite when he sees it thus whether they'll see merit in playing for him, I'm not sure.

Until the end of the season could dictate the next 5-6 years of where City go. It's THAT significant.

I agree. It’s seems like a huge turning point.

7 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Just imagine the backlash if that happened... 

or even worse hes just a ST seller and its back to type in summer?  even Dean got a year rolling contract....surely we aint that stupid with fans back next season.

3 hours ago, Superjack said:

Now that it has all come true, I have only one thing to say.

You can tell who the old men are on this thread. 

ZX81??!!

Us 'kids' had a Spectrum.

?

What’s a spectrum? The high point in technology when I were a lad was an electric calculator, which I had to borrow from my dad, too expensive for me to have my own. Was released for special occasions, like my Physics O level exam ????

28 minutes ago, adamski said:

What’s a spectrum? The high point in technology when I were a lad was an electric calculator, which I had to borrow from my dad, too expensive for me to have my own. Was released for special occasions, like my Physics O level exam ????

We didn’t even have an electric calculator in my day. 

We had something called a ‘slide rule’, which was one step forward from counting on your fingers (which I still did as a slide rule appeared well beyond my mental capacity then...and probably still is now). Look it up!

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We didn’t even have an electric calculator in my day. 

We had something called a ‘slide rule’, which was one step forward from counting on your fingers (which I still did as a slide rule appeared well beyond my mental capacity then...and probably still is now). Look it up!

Electric Calculator........Slide rule..........Luxury

I had to share an abacus with 80 other pupils in my class ?

Anyone thinking him sitting in the stands tonight is concerned. You can bet he gets messages to Simpson and Dowling during the game. Albeit small part but he will have some say tonight. 
OOC players would be looking at this as an incentive to perform as they will be aware of what he can bring to this club and will want to be part of it. 
Players won’t be scared, more than likely looking forward to working with him. 

Archived