IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

15 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

City Chief Executive Mark Ashton added: “Nigel is a highly respected and experienced manager with a proven track record of success and we are looking forward to welcoming him to the club."

Guessing he would have preferred to bring in his mate, Appleton; so he probably said this with a gun held to his head or with big Nige standing menacingly over him.

No-one messes with Big Nige !

10th August 2020:

MA: "We undertook a rigorous recruitment process and, while that rightly took time because of how important it was, we believe we have made the correct decisions about the head coach and the coaching structure.”

This time: SL: Get on with it Ashton you image.jpeg.3972cb7fa376218369fc1429360269ef.jpeg end and stick the coaching structure up your **** while you're at it!

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Pleased that Pearson has come to rescue us (hopefully).

It's a huge task and we musn't overlook he's inheriting a right old mess.

A man feared by the faint-hearted (and packs of wolves).

It'll be hard for the old Guv'nor to find a doorman, bl**dy tough enough, to replace him.

Put me in mind of:

Viz artwork display ed at the Lit and Phil Library | The Northern Echo

15 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Guessing he would have preferred to bring in his mate, Appleton; so he probably said this with a gun held to his head or with big Nige standing menacingly over him.

No-one messes with Big Nige !

on Twitter it said that Appleton said "thank you for asking but no"

Not sure if that's true or not.

9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

No mention of what type of "human" he is. We are in the dark.

Safe to say, a nice human being if you are on the right side of him.

But, if you're on the wrong side of him.... well, we can simply imagine.

If you poke a giant grizzly with a stick, the bear will unleash it's fury (and who can blame it?)

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am not a betting man, but, to be fair, 6/1 (now 11/2) to finish in the top 12 seems a very good bet following last night's appointment.

I personally wouldn't touch that either.

I'm thinking we've just about a point or two to stay up (I reckon we'll finish 18th or 19th,) but if forced to bet the 8's for relegation would be where my money would have to go.

17 hours ago, Mr X said:

Reminds me of some of Brian Clough's interviews back in the day. I'm sure Patto and the boys will be having a laugh with 'Pearsey' when he meets them!   

What I love about this clip is when Big Nige says “Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no. I can, you can’t.”

Amazing! Not only am I going to abuse you with a strange analogy, I’m also going to highlight my superior bendiness.

2 hours ago, Chrisbc said:

Have you watched his appointment press conference at Derby? Can't see there being any chance that Pearson and Ashton could work together long term. Pearson demands a much wider brief than just Head Coach - someone is going to have to budge. This appt is all SL in my eyes.

I mean there is a way, Ashton decides to reign himself in, allow Pearson exactly what he wants. Should Pearson be successful he's CEO of a top championship club/premier league club if it goes all the way, if he then wants more control he's got a better CV himself for any clubs looking. Alternatively if Pearson doesn't work he's got even more ammo to go back to Steve saying look it doesn't work I'll reassume my control. 

Patience and weighting probability of Pearson being a success given how long the average managerial term is.

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

What I love about this clip is when Big Nige says “Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no. I can, you can’t.”

Amazing! Not only am I going to abuse you with a strange analogy, I’m also going to highlight my superior bendiness.

Everything about the Ostrich thing is just brilliant.  It's just like a perfectly written comedy

44 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I personally wouldn't touch that either.

I'm thinking we've just about a point or two to stay up (I reckon we'll finish 18th or 19th,) but if forced to bet the 8's for relegation would be where my money would have to go.

Whilst I am certainly far more optimistic about our future, both short and long term, following NP's appointment (assuming, of course, we stay up and he signs a contract for another two or three seasons), just a little part of me shares your scepticism.

There has been so much (hopefully justified) euphoria about his appointment, but, nevertheless, he is still recovering from a serious illness, and I just wonder whether, notwithstanding his past successes and obviously strong character, he will prove fit and enthusiastic enough to provide what we have all been hoping for. 

Needless to say, I have not bet on either of the two scenarios mentioned, but shall be interested to see, come May, how much I might have won/lost with my £10 bet ?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly.  To @Hampshire Red - just cast your mind back 7/8 months and a vigorous recruitment process ran by MA and JL (albeit SL involved in ultimate interviews according to Kid), and try to imagine how the people tasked with that process, came up with Holden, can now come up with Pearson?  As pointed out, this has heavy-SL input.

I think you’re probably right but I’m intrigued to know if you (or anyone saying similar) knows you are right?

I’m more than happy to be corrected if wrong but Lansdown appointed Tinnion (‘Judge me on Brian’), Millen, LJ and has very recently accepted the blame for Holden’s appointment (though I appreciate that doesn’t mean he appointed him per se). All of those possessed little to no managerial experience. Away from that, I’m sure I read Cotterill wasn’t a Lansdown appointment?

So if all of the above is true (?) then Pearson doesn’t feel like a Lansdown appointment at all. I think there's logic in way process moved that he was but I’ve seen little to no actual comment, so unsure where these conclusions are coming from bar a dash of logic and a dislike of Ashton. 

It seems pretty clear Jon Lansdown didn’t want to appoint Holden. And I really struggle with the idea that Ashton, knowing the heat would turn on him if he/it failed, championed Holden of all the applicants. I’d also suggest that in setting up a final few of {someone like} Holden and {someone like} Hughton for the decision-maker to pass judgement on Ashton and Jon Lansdown, overlooking the fact the process was on the whole a shambles, identified the best candidates for different approaches.

So, and I ask this in curiosity rather than as a challenge, how are we concluding Pearson was a Lansdown appointment when history appears to suggest it wasn’t?

Right old Mess?!! What kind of idiots do we have to read on here. What is the mess with 11 (plust two or three) who smacked Warnock's team (yet again) and walked it to a 3-0.

• Some people on here think we could have done well with Assombo but Famara made the difference to this match. Who brought most of our players in? Well played Mark Ashton, yet again making the forum look stupid and the management of BCFC look pretty good again. 42 points to play for, what price a bit of excitement if we can win at Swansea again. Even better will be the whingers on here going quiet after their vociferous and nauseous last few weeks

4 hours ago, S_C said:

I think you’re probably right but I’m intrigued to know if you (or anyone saying similar) knows you are right?

I’m more than happy to be corrected if wrong but Lansdown appointed Tinnion (‘Judge me on Brian’), Millen, LJ and has very recently accepted the blame for Holden’s appointment (though I appreciate that doesn’t mean he appointed him per se). All of those possessed little to no managerial experience. Away from that, I’m sure I read Cotterill wasn’t a Lansdown appointment?

So if all of the above is true (?) then Pearson doesn’t feel like a Lansdown appointment at all. I think there's logic in way process moved that he was but I’ve seen little to no actual comment, so unsure where these conclusions are coming from bar a dash of logic and a dislike of Ashton. 

It seems pretty clear Jon Lansdown didn’t want to appoint Holden. And I really struggle with the idea that Ashton, knowing the heat would turn on him if he/it failed, championed Holden of all the applicants. I’d also suggest that in setting up a final few of {someone like} Holden and {someone like} Hughton for the decision-maker to pass judgement on Ashton and Jon Lansdown, overlooking the fact the process was on the whole a shambles, identified the best candidates for different approaches.

So, and I ask this in curiosity rather than as a challenge, how are we concluding Pearson was a Lansdown appointment when history appears to suggest it wasn’t?

of course we don't know.  But we were told who was in charge of the last process....and Steve very "front of house" in the last 8 days!  That tells me. a lot....but I might be wrong.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Right old Mess?!! What kind of idiots do we have to read on here. What is the mess with 11 (plust two or three) who smacked Warnock's team (yet again) and walked it to a 3-0.

• Some people on here think we could have done well with Assombo but Famara made the difference to this match. Who brought most of our players in? Well played Mark Ashton, yet again making the forum look stupid and the management of BCFC look pretty good again. 42 points to play for, what price a bit of excitement if we can win at Swansea again. Even better will be the whingers on here going quiet after their vociferous and nauseous last few weeks

Go to bed.

Archived