IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

Bristol football has had a complete turnover. Tisdale and Holden to Barton and Pearson.... could not be more opposite.

Hopefully it reignites some much needed passion as it had all got so sterile.

There will be a few of ours out in their back gardens doing circuits tonight with this potential appointment!!

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Just been discussed on Talksport with Alex Crook a reliable reporter for them stating that Pearson has verbally agreed

Apparently contacted Bournemouth who didn’t give him an interview

Crook thinks Pearson a very good appointment and Bournemouth would have been better to have taken him

Crook was talking to Darren Bent who said

‘One of the best managers I played for’ (At Derby)

Straight down line ‘

‘ Intimidating ‘

‘Tells you what he wants , and not interested   whether you buy into it or not ‘

‘If you don’t do it what he asks you are getting it both barrels ‘

Bring it on

EXACTLY what we need.

I am smiling from ear to ear! I really really hope some of the first team players sleep a little less comfortably tonight, cos the video s Pearson will be watching if the last 7 games will leave no where to hide. 

i think he will be successful - even if that success is “only” changing the culture of rewarding failure. However I do believe he will do more than that! 

do you want a fight!?

20 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Thanks for sharing.....more evidence that shouting and bawling is not the answer....nor that is what Nigel Pearson is about.  He talks about clarity, convincing players, etc.  Don’t fall into the trap that he’s one for a fight in the dressing room.  A fight with Gregor, now that’s different ???

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Maybe it’s Pearson who wants a short contract till the end of the season. That way he could assess the state of the club and the level of support he’s going to get. If he likes what he’s found he can sign a longer contract. Assuming the football improves he will be in a strong position as it would be difficult for SL not to keep him 

Yes, would imagine it’s exactly that.  As a club SL wants longevity in his managers.  Pearson will be sussing us out.  

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Just been discussed on Talksport with Alex Crook a reliable reporter for them stating that Pearson has verbally agreed

Apparently contacted Bournemouth who didn’t give him an interview

Crook thinks Pearson a very good appointment and Bournemouth would have been better to have taken him

Crook was talking to Darren Bent who said

‘One of the best managers I played for’ (At Derby)

Straight down line ‘

‘ Intimidating ‘

‘Tells you what he wants , and not interested   whether you buy into it or not ‘

‘If you don’t do it what he asks you are getting it both barrels ‘

Bring it on

Halle ******* lujah!! 

Does he live in Devon?

Bloody hell Ralph, good work. Realised you were all powerful now, being held in such high esteem by Steve for your statistical anaysis, but to negotiate a new manager deal in less than 24 hours is impressive. 

Knew you wanted Warnock really, but Pearson’s not a bad second choice ?

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Another Leicester fan comment on what he can apparently bring

You can expect him, with the resources, time and trust to do the following:

• Improve the club's training facilities
  • Improve the club's recruitment philosphophy
  • Improve the club's sports science department
  • Build a squad with a winning mentality
  • Build a squad with a strong team spirit
  • Build a squad with a strong work ethic

Sounds like he would make a great DoF. 

The other reassuring thing is I don't imagine that someone like Pearson would join without..

A) Full autonomy over transfers

B) A good budget to have a decent go at Promotion next year

This is not a treading water appointment, this is an appointment for a club that wants to have a serious go at promotion. Very exciting and reassuring. 

Archived