IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think I’m as excited I thought I would be if Cook got the job!

Cook was by far my choice too. Nigel Pearson didn’t even cross my mind as I thought he was out of our league.

Really surprised but in a good way of course! Doesn’t get much bolder than that.

Just now, bris red said:

Well this is excellent news - at last we do something right as a club. Still won’t believe it untill it’s official mind!

It is but as you say we need to be all @Robbored until it`s confirmed. Mind you, imagine the meltdown on here if it doesn`t happen now!

Having said that, with all the different sources reporting it, there ought to be at least one calling bullshit if it was.

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

Anyone a little surprised Barton took the gas job? Thought he could do better.

Rovers are a decent sized club really, probably about the right sort of level for where Barton is at in his career. He's doing it the right way - starting at smaller clubs and working his way up. Better then being dropped in above your true level and ultimately failing. 

Just now, Ronnie Sinclair said:

An excellent appointment if it happens - Pearson doesn't strike me as someone who suffers fools so will chew up Ashton and spit him out

Yep. Can’t see MA would’ve had any involvement in this one - far far too intimidating for him both in attitude, track record and more importantly knowledge of the game. Sure it’ll be spun another way though.  

If he does come in. Would seriously believe Ashton is on his way out or his position will be restructured on the commercials only.

Also believe this will scare the shit out of a lot of our sensitive players like CoD and Paterson etc. Who really need to toughen up and pull their finger out. Think there will be a big shock incoming for quite a few players. 

Archived