Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Read the story about when he got corned by a pack of wolves.

Broke one of the wolves jaw and gauged another’s eye out to escape.

He is just what we need. Shame only to the end of the season but hopefully will stay.

Should have been appointed in the summer instead of the Deano experiment that was never going to work.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think I’m as excited I thought I would be if Cook got the job!

Better appointment (potentially at least )  than Cook IMHO Fordy 

Sort Of Appointment that either goes **** up in weeks or is a very successful one

Ashtons reaction 

76CD4F1F-68EA-4297-B457-A63488A0B858.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I hope we don't balls this up and he ends up walking in the summer. Although I can see the logic, I'd be happier if it were for longer. This club has needed somebody like this for YEARS.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

Would be a fantastic appointment. And shows Landsdown, at least for now, understands what we need.

He has bags of experience at this level and above, has gained promotion from this division, organises a team well, and wont take any messing. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Better Red said:

Read the story about when he got corned by a pack of wolves.

Broke one of the wolves jaw and gauged another’s eye out to escape.

He is just what we need. Shame only to the end of the season but hopefully will stay.

Should have been appointed in the summer instead of the Deano experiment that was never going to work.

apparently he had Covid so couldn't do anything anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Please please please let’s be on the Amazon Prime ‘City til I die’. 
In this weeks episode, Nigel throws Ashton against a wall and then drags him to the docks and throws him in.

Golf clubs polished and bag of balls at the ready Harry. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I hope we don't balls this up and he ends up walking in the summer. Although I can see the logic, I'd be happier if it were for longer. This club has needed somebody like this for YEARS.

You’d have to think that SL knows Pearson’s character and therefore him and MA will let Pearson get on with it with no interference otherwise what’s the point in getting him in.  Clinging onto that hope anyway.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Better appointment (potentially at least )  than Cook IMHO Fordy 

Sort Of Appointment that either goes **** up in weeks or is a very successful one

Ashtons reaction 

76CD4F1F-68EA-4297-B457-A63488A0B858.jpeg

I suppose part of me considered it so unlikely an appointment I didn’t really give it much thought. Over the moon. 

Miles better than Howe in my opinion. 

• Like 5

If true, SL deserves credit for stepping out of his comfort zone. In fact, I can’t recall City having a manager of this sort in my 50 years as a City fan. Jordan was actually quite gentle and urbane. Pearson can be a beast and I love it!

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Have the bloke in a shot!!  

Lives local (well Devon)

Been there

Done it

Get him  

5C358C56-4B9B-48C7-9F4A-31CDC3AC30A8.png

Is Nige ready to return to football management though? He was very ill for most of last year - I hope he’s ok and well enough now but an experience like that can re-align your priorities ... here’s some more details: 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12124344/nigel-pearson-my-battle-against-covid-19-leaving-watford-and-desire-to-return-to-the-game

Edit: if he’s gonna be our next gaffer my post here makes me look like a right clown! Apologies to you all

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Have to say this is the happiest OTIB has been for a while. Nice change. Already lifting the mood and it isn’t even official yet. :pray:

Imagine what it`ll be like if it doesn`t happen now.......................................................

• Haha 2
  • TomF changed the title to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season