Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

On 17/02/2021 at 00:14, Superjack said:

Not sure if you are taking the piss, but I will bite.

Cotterill is impossible because Lansdown knows that he is a nutter. Pearson is impossible because everybody knows that he is a nutter. Cook is unlikely because he was apparently interviewed in the summer and depending on what you believe either was turned down or basically told Ashton to **** off. Either way bridges burned WW2 style.

I don't believe it. It just can't be true. He'll kick Ashton into next season!

I posted about Cook because I didn't think that this would be in any way possible.

That said, I also posted last week that there has never been any middle ground with Lansdown. He always swings from one extreme to the other.

Even I didn't expect him to go more nutter than Cotterill!

This is great news.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, bristolmoose said:

Christ no, I'm not him! He's twice the man I am. (on the scales anyway).

Embarrassed to share the same nickname. Always sounds drunk and as for his laugh...

His laugh sounds like a hyena who has jump leads attached to his bollox - he is more annoying than a gobby gashead stepson ...

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

He will be thrilled to learn he has your approval.Might just be what it takes to seal the deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Worth a listen

Starts about 10mins in.

Very interesting Dave, I really hope that SL gives this man the time to change things even if the dreaded happens. He seems to have so much to offer that BCFC need badly.

Cheers

• Like 1

If Pearson is in charge for Tuesday, I fully expect him to take a look at our lot, decide we are a bunch of weaklings, then name a team of only four players including himself, and just go around intimidating everyone as we grind out a 0-0 draw, before steaming into training Wednesday morning spinning jaws everywhere.

I love it. Please can we get this over the line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, bpexile said:

Very interesting Dave, I really hope that SL gives this man the time to change things even if the dreaded happens. He seems to have so much to offer that BCFC need badly.

Cheers

Articulate isn’t he.

I do think people’s perception of NP’s persona is way off.  But like Warnock, he’ll create a bit of siege mentality and deflect everything onto media, anyone but the players.

• Like 12
11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

This actually made me laugh out loud

I'm getting worrried about the traffic what with Ashton face down in the docks with a flag sticking out of his arse and Simpson and Downing puking all over the Cumberland basin! 

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Articulate isn’t he.

I do think people’s perception of NP’s persona is way off.  But like Warnock, he’ll create a bit of siege mentality and deflect everything onto media, anyone but the players.

No doubting he’s an incredibly intelligent and thoughtful coach from what I’ve seen and heard. But he’s also got the steel to go with it.  Just what we need. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/21/nigel-pearson-bristol-city

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Bela Lugosis Red said:

Things changing fast for once. Good choice to steady the ship

I wonder where Holden got to?

Landing Jet Propulsion Laboratory GIF by NASA

I meant to say this before, but great user name. Eventually saw Bauhaus in 2004 and have owned a white label of the eponymous debut Love and Rockets album personally inscribed to me by David J since I was 14.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't NP build the majority of the Leicester Premier league winning squad before the ice cream seller took over or have I got my eras mixed up?

Yeh I think that's right. Ranieri came in and won it next season (??)

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Not!  When Gary Johnson failed to win the playoff final. This type of approach and appointment was required.

We appointed Steve Coppell after GJ...

If you mean we should have rewarded GJ with the sack after an amazing season, then you are off your head 

• Like 7
  • TomF changed the title to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season