Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

I bet he’s elated to hear that. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't NP build the majority of the Leicester Premier league winning squad before the ice cream seller took over or have I got my eras mixed up?

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Yeh I think that's right. Ranieri came in and won it next season (??)

I think we should eventually give Pearson a two year contract then give the job to Ranieri.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

If this comes off, it would be the most exciting managerial appointment since...I really don't know when 🤷‍♂️ fantastic boost for all us City fans I would think !

Someone realised that doing a Pat Lam is a good idea for the football side of the business. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what lansdown needed to do to get fans back onside,

Maybe he's seen the way the club was progressing under Jr and ashton and thought he has to step in,

Anyway fingers crossed as he is the type of man we need in our crisis

• Like 2

From his own website, would appear to be a massive tick next to the 'not destroying what we've built here'

I have a reliable track record of helping to build successful teams, revitalising clubs who have previously struggled, whilst helping to reduce overall squad salary and promoting and recruiting young, talented footballers.

• Like 2

Is Pearson an even better potential appointment than Hughton might have been?

Certainly he seems to have more strings to his bow if he can maintain a balanced working relationship with the owner.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Articulate isn’t he.

I do think people’s perception of NP’s persona is way off.  But like Warnock, he’ll create a bit of siege mentality and deflect everything onto media, anyone but the players.

I always rated him, a bit of a tough guy but when he did that 5Live interview years back, I thought, he's a clever guy. Knows what he wants and where he's at. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Perhaps now they will be saying 'Well, that's them in the play offs, then'.

No they will be saying Nigel Pearson’s Bristol City. And I give them complete permission 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Certainly he seems to have more strings to his bow if he can maintain a balanced working relationship with the owner.

More exciting imho. Hughton woudve been very steady progression,  but Pearson has the higher ceiling I think and a higher propensity for drama! 

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Didn`t he only leave because of the unpleasantness with his son in Thailand? He was pretty much forced to choose between club and family IIRC.

Just checked Wikipedia an that seems to be the case. He took Leicester up, kept them up then left when the Thailand stuff happened. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Yep, imho....hence my surprise.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I always rated him, a bit of a tough guy but when he did that 5Live interview years back, I thought, he's a clever guy. Knows what he wants and where he's at. 

Does not suffer fools gladly, I think we can say. Articulate, nice guy? Mnn  Hey, we've been there done that anyway.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Experience over several decades of following City and seeing countless managers come and go has taught me to never trust  any sources of rumour and only believe it when it’s officially announced.

If Pearson gets the job then fine - I have no problem with that.

Emad Moteab?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

From his own website, would appear to be a massive tick next to the 'not destroying what we've built here'

I have a reliable track record of helping to build successful teams, revitalising clubs who have previously struggled, whilst helping to reduce overall squad salary and promoting and recruiting young, talented footballers.

Most of our recent managerial recruits advertise on Checkatrade.com. 

Fantastic appointment at the right time.. COYR. 

2 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

You mean he’s not West Brom’s greatest ever goalkeeper? 

That’s right and never been a “director” of West Bromwich Albion Football Club either. 

• Like 1

I did say this is what I would do yesterday funnily enough!! The first bit is get him in the door and get a few results and that's when the tougher bit starts.......persuading him that we are a club he can stay at and achieve things in an environment that he can work with. If not he'll keep us up and walk away....................but definitely a chance worth taking and if Steve Lansdown has pulled this off then he deserves credit for at least seeing the car crash ahead of him and slamming the brakes on rather than the accelerator!!

• Like 6
  • TomF changed the title to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season