Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

20 minutes ago, Offside said:

I’d forgotten about Dennis Smith! He did feel like a big name at that time. 

His name was wayyy too big - cos it was Denis Smith - apologies! A Malbec Sunday in anticipation of Pearson’s appointment has made me even more pedantic than normal! Sorry chief 🍷

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why hasn't he stepped up already ?

Aren't we always told its a confidence game etc, be honest the team selection/set up has been a bloody shambles for ages now, the whole lot of em including the management have looked like a beaten team before a ball is even kicked. 

Can see Pearson being as much of an excitement to the team as it is to us fans, hopefully it will give them all a boost. 

• Like 3

My memory isn't so good, but I'm recalling Southampton being dead and buried heading for relegation and City played them for Pearsons 1st game in charge.

He had them organised and they went on to beat us and avoid the drop.

The thing that stood out for me, was the organisation he instilled. Let's hope for the same here.

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

Aren't we always told its a confidence game etc, be honest the team selection/set up has been a bloody shambles for ages now, the whole lot of em including the management have looked like a beaten team before a ball is even kicked. 

Can see Pearson being as much of an excitement to the team as it is to us fans, hopefully it will give them all a boost. 

Fair enough.

But I can see Pearson asking the same question as I did - and maybe not actually asking the player himself.

45 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

NP first training session

Strikers - check

Midfielders - check

Centre backs  - check

Left backs - left backs? do we have any ******* left backs?

Paul Simpson “Nigel, hello, hi, we (no-one knows who exactly as we do not know who is injured and why, or if someone may turn up at the press conference later, or about contracts etc... anyway, small detail) decided that during the transfer window, we could become the first football team ever to operate without a left side. Instead we invested in Henri Lansbury who has forgotten how to play football during three years in the wilderness, but has an unbelievable head of hair. We have since lost every game we have played and three passes strung together are celebrated as if the Berlin Wall has come down all over again”.

“Yes another midfielder. Nagy, Massengo, Bakinson?, Oh yeah, not sure what to do with them so we have put a centre-half that was on loan at Aberdeen last season in there.”

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His name was wayyy too big - cos it was Denis Smith - apologies! A Malbec Sunday in anticipation of Pearson’s appointment has made me even more pedantic than normal! Sorry chief 🍷

Sunday was a good day....you ended the day perfectly.

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The thing I love about Pearson is that he's no fool.

Sure theres a bit of old skool about him, but he's not afraid to embrace new ideas or tech.

The best thing though is his ability to see through chancers.

He WILL know within 2 weeks who wants to play for the shirt and who's there blagging a living.

Those players will be gone from the 1st team.

It could be quite a list

Then on the flipside, IF he galvanises the lot of them and makes that decision/distinction much harder it'd be win-win as our performance level and results would go right up.

Didn't see it coming at all. SL after watching Saturday and looking at upcoming fixtures obviously like many of us couldn't see our next point. 

This appointment is to avoid relegation. Give him the summer to build then go for it next year. 

Encouraging quote on another forum- he was a fans favourite at Sheffield Wednesday after all so they might know.

Once he gets to Bristol and has been there a few months he will want to stay 

Great city 

Very vibrant and creative

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This appointment would if confirmed- and I won't get excited until it's out and out confirmed although it seems to be widely reported- it would come as a very pleasant surprise.

There is no doubt the voices of the fans has been well and truly heard of NP is appointed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

There is no doubt the voices of the fans has been well and truly heard of NP is appointed.

People who point out last times this was the case was when SOD and Derek McInnes were appointed have a point!

HOWEVER, I'm convinced Pearson can do a job here and few would argue that he is worse than we had.

It's not just the Highland Park that has put a smile on my face tonight. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

Based on Appletons comments earlier this week, Pearson until the end of the season and Appleton to take over from then?

Personally I would rather just have Pearson longer term but not sure he fits the structure...

I must confess, the thought has crossed my mind...However I hope.

tenor.gif?itemid=13700763

I will be the first to admit, I haven't read every post on every page of this thread as the comments were coming in so thick and fast at the start, by the time you got to the end of one page another 2 pages had been filled! That being said but I haven't read any negative posts in regards to this possible appointment. This happens very rarely on this forum. I cant even remember the last time everybody was in  total agreement .

I will be going to bed in a couple of hours and praying the at there will be an announcement by the time I wake up 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

NP will scare the shite out of these tossers who wear the red shirt. **** me, I would love to be at training and in the dressing room for the next few games.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his first meeting with Ashton in addition...suspect the latter will be put in his place somewhat, will be let know what's what! (Unpopular view but I think he has his uses on the commercial side- but he must stick to that!)

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his first meeting with Ashton in addition...suspect the latter will be put in his place somewhat, will be let know what's what! (Unpopular view but I think he has his uses on the commercial side- but he must stick to that!)

This is the crux of the issue Pop. If NP is appointed he needs to be allowed to get on with the management of team affairs without unnecessary interference. If the status quo of recent years is maintained it could easily be a short reign, with a "we told you so" outcome, leading to the inevitable appointment of another human who can "fit in". We will soon see.

• Like 1
  • TomF changed the title to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season