IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

40 minutes ago, Sturny said:

When he was a manager, I imagine he’ll be hired as a head coach here and be less heavily involved in transfers 

I’m hoping there is a change. 

In that podcast that @Davefevslinked earlier, Pearson himself said, and I quote word for word “I’m a manager who coaches, not a coach who manages”. 

I don’t think he’d be keen on being announced as a ‘Head Coach’. Much like when Cotterill arrived. We went from ‘Head Coach’ Driscoll, back to ‘Manager’ Cotterill. 

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

We have been here before, betting suspended etc ... I will believe it when I actually see him on the roof 

We’ve never been here before.  Every media outlet is reporting it’s done. Can’t remember that happening before and the appointment not being made. Fingers crossed it’s announced today so we can all breath! 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We’ve never been here before.  Every media outlet is reporting it’s done. Can’t remember that happening before and the appointment not being made. Fingers crossed it’s announced today so we can all breath! 

I believe there was also an article in the guardian about Hughton taking over and betting was also suspended but fingers crossed this time it will happen.  I also read though that 2 people were interviewed on Sunday (one being Pearson), with more lined up this week.  If more are actually lined up this week then I can’t see how he has got the job yet unless they have cancelled all over applications 

6 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I believe there was also an article in the guardian about Hughton taking over and betting was also suspended but fingers crossed this time it will happen.  I also read though that 2 people were interviewed on Sunday (one being Pearson), with more lined up this week.  If more are actually lined up this week then I can’t see how he has got the job yet unless they have cancelled all over applications 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/efl/736611/brighton-norwich-newcastle-chris-hughton-bristol-city-steven-gerrard-rangers-lands/amp/

There was even reports he had actually been appointed.. fingers crossed we get a deal for Pearson over the line.

29 minutes ago, TomF said:

I'd NP doesn't want to manage a team in L1 - stay up and he'll stay. 

Might it not be the other way around - maybe the club don’t want to be tied to an expensive manager in the event of relegation? With continuing Covid uncertainty, I could understand that from a financial perspective. Pearson could just resign at the end of the season if he didn’t fancy L1.

16 minutes ago, bris red said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/efl/736611/brighton-norwich-newcastle-chris-hughton-bristol-city-steven-gerrard-rangers-lands/amp/

There was even reports he had actually been appointed.. fingers crossed we get a deal for Pearson over the line.

Would be really pleased with Pearson. Right man at the right time. But will always think Hughton was the right man at a better time. Huge missed opportunity. 

29 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Want it announced ASAP, would be gut wrenching if it now didn't happen. I suspect only chance of that not happening is if Ashton objects in some way.   

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Might it not be the other way around - maybe the club don’t want to be tied to an expensive manager in the event of relegation? With continuing Covid uncertainty, I could understand that from a financial perspective. Pearson could just resign at the end of the season if he didn’t fancy L1.

It is rumoured NP fell out with the owner at Derby. He has the CV but also a few ??? over the way he's left derby and watford. Bit more risky than usual for us. I'd be happy to see him in asap and a short term deal would help both sides to decide if it is a good fit longer term. 

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m hoping there is a change. 

In that podcast that @Davefevslinked earlier, Pearson himself said, and I quote word for word “I’m a manager who coaches, not a coach who manages”. 

I don’t think he’d be keen on being announced as a ‘Head Coach’. Much like when Cotterill arrived. We went from ‘Head Coach’ Driscoll, back to ‘Manager’ Cotterill. 

He was Head Coach at Watford IIRC ?

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Want it announced ASAP, would be gut wrenching if it now didn't happen. I suspect only chance of that not happening is if Ashton objects in some way.   

With SL reading the forum and this thread in particular, the only way it’ll not happen now will be from Big Nigel’s side. 

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

I've mentioned this before, but when LJ was appointed, Pearson was mentioned also - he'd just been binned by Leicester - I recall him being interviewed on R5 and the interviewer saying that City fans would "literally come and give him a lift" to AG

Remember that. Fairly sure he was complimentary to City & Bristol itself. Think there’s a lot more to him than people give him credit for. COYR 

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

What makes you think that it wasn't Ashton that negotiated it?

:innocent06:

Archived