IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Its great to see the optimism on this thread and I really hope that NP can save our bacon and go on to create a promotion winning team.  It will be very interesting to see how he copes with the immediate challenges of the injury crisis, lack of left sided players and the general lack of physicality and pace in the remnants of our squad available for selection.

Plus our first, what appears, non-yes man since Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan. 

15 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I personally doubt that there would be any agreement regarding next season, even just verbally. What I suspect is that, taking into account Ashton and 'the structure', it benefits both parties to have a short term deal in order to see if a working relationship can be implemented.

Having been quite ill, it may also suit Pearson to 'see how he goes' without committing to anything long term.

Both scenarios eminently sensible in my opinion.

If we cannot take the advice / recommendations of someone like Pearson re structure, as long as we can afford it, we really do have long term problems.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Plus our first, what appears, non-yes man since Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan. 

If he can save us from relegation and build a winning team, I don't care whether he is a yes man, no man or anything else.  He will, like all managers and players be falsely labelled by certain sections of the fan base. I believe that he has a very difficult task in front of him and I hope that some of the injured players can get back into contention to help him lift the whole club.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Its great to see the optimism on this thread and I really hope that NP can save our bacon and go on to create a promotion winning team.  It will be very interesting to see how he copes with the immediate challenges of the injury crisis, lack of left sided players and the general lack of physicality and pace in the remnants of our squad available for selection.

Hi mate. Nice to see you in different circumstances! 😊 

2 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Does anyone think Pearson may insist he becomes the 'manager' as opposed to 'head coach'? Because, as far as I know, won't that give him more power over the first team affairs? Or are both titles the same these days?

the man himself says he's a manager that coaches.....

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Hi mate. Nice to see you in different circumstances! 😊 

Same old, same old I'm afraid Fordy. I will give my total support to the guy in charge because i want the very best for Bristol City. The king is dead - long live the king, seems to be totally reasonable in the circumstances.  I hope he signs up and saves our bacon!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Does anyone think Pearson may insist he becomes the 'manager' as opposed to 'head coach'? Because, as far as I know, won't that give him more power over the first team affairs? Or are both titles the same these days?

Head coach now, potential for conversion to manager role if he stays on.

22 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Will be interesting for sure. Would also of been interesting to see if this mess would of transpired in the first place if we had appointed someone of Pearson’s standing last summer rather than a joke manager with no experience or credentials.

for me the injury situation can’t be all bad luck. Much of it is on the medical staff and the manager who rushed players back too soon and is responsible for what happens at training where loads of these injuries occurred.

If Pearson was here in January I’m pretty sure he would of demanded a left back as well.

Edited by milo1111

3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

the man himself says he's a manager that coaches.....

Does it really matter. So much fake news about Ashton our CEO, the board and owner.  The fact is SL as owner always had final say and signs off signings...  supports the wishes of HC & CEO.  

No doubt NP or who whoever it is will continue in same vein. The fact of the matter is they will all need a good working relationship.  Simple really. Cannot see much changing in how we actually operate with NP at the helm. 

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think the obvious question is the potential clash (if he stays on) over how much control for transfers he has, will he be allowed to bring in Walsh, will Ashton be told to stand down etc 

I see this as Lansdowns appointment and against what Ashton would prefer. One way or another if NP joins, we may have a power battle in the summer. Hopefully Ashton then ***** off.

• Like 1

Again, I’m just catching up with this thread. I missed out chunks of it so went and had a re-read. I didn’t get all the ostretch comments. Thank goodness for YouTube, also found some other interviews.

My verdict...I love him, blunt and to the point so much that is almost cruel. But if you don’t want a bollocking from him don’t give him cause to. That’s how I do my job, why should footballers and journalists be any different. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sludge said:

Didn't realise Shakin Stevens had his FA coaching qualifications. 

You do realise I'm gonna be humming 'you drive me cra a zy' all bloody day now?

GIT! ;)

'When I look into your big blue eyes

I feel I'm in paradise

You drive me cray ay zee 

:angry:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Indeed very similar. 

Interesting how they both are surprised he is joining us (us being too small) but also that he will do well. 

The company I work for have an office in Leicester, and they can’t believe he is joining us.
He is held in high regard by most Leicester fans it seems. 

All supposition but it’s entirely possible that as maybe our preferred candidates such as Eddie Howe (taking a break),  Nigel Pearson (Long Covid) and Steven Gerrard (wanting to remain at Rangers) were all unavailable last summer  that we considered our next option Chris Hughton but decided to wait a year to see if one of the others became available. Holden then gets to be a stop gap that didn’t work out.

• Like 1

No worries about the contract to the end of the season

No worries about him working with dumb and dumber ether,.it's their chance to prove they weren't part of the problem, if they are I expect them to go at the end of the season

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season