Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Depends if you mean it or not....or whether it’s just words!

A certain person (@lrrr) had compiled a nice scouting report of Manning last year.  A very good read. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Don't know the fella but a link would be very welcome.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

MANAGER!!!!!!!

Theoretically elevated status or real. One sincerely hopes the latter.

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

I'd say he's on par with Coppell, everyone knew him from his terrific time at Reading in the Prem. 

I think you do a disservice to Nigel Pearson.

Welcome to Ashton Gate Nigel. I hope you stay for years with corresponding success.

Well done to Steve Lansdown. There is no doubt he made this decision with little to no persuasive necessity from messr Ashton.

Sorry mis-spell... Messer.

Edited by havanatopia

No talk from the man until Weds then , understandable

‘Pearson will formally take over on Wednesday before conducting media interviews later that day ‘

Lets hope it’s not , 

I said to Mr Lansdown after watching the game last night, sorry ,  I can do major problems , but even I can’t do miracles ‘ 

I’m overjoyed with this appointment. After the increasingly dour football of the last couple of years, the fiasco of the Holden appointment and our shocking form of late this is just what we needed. Someone with experience and a good CV, who can give the club a boost. 

Welcome, Nigel!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

City Chief Executive Mark Ashton added: “Nigel is a highly respected and experienced manager with a proven track record of success and we are looking forward to welcoming him to the club.”

....before adding "Okay Nigel, can you let me out of this headlock now please"

“...experienced with a proven track record ... “ - many have been howling for a gaffer with those credentials for years - why didn’t it occur to MA to go for one of those guys before?! Unbelievable...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Do you think if this shit show of a season didn't happen they would have even considered approaching someone like Pearson?? 

I very much doubt it.Most of us have been critical of SL at times,but credit where it is due.(Or perhaps overdue.)

This is a massive appointment at a pivotal time for the club. There’s no doubt IMO that he’s the best man for the job right now, and credit to SL for getting him in quickly (no doubt expedited by Kalas and Simpson’s interviews after the latest dismal performance). 

In many ways, this appointment will tell us the real state of BCFC and Ashton’s reign. Pearson’s walked away from previous jobs because of politics and even the introduction of drones at Derby, so he won’t take any shit. I think it’ll go one of two ways:

1. He keeps us up this year, is backed by SL in the summer and makes us genuine top-six contenders next season

2. He’ll resign pretty quickly after seeing the true state of the club and the level of Ashton’s interference. 

One thing’s for sure: it’s an appointment to unite the fans and I’m going to enjoy the ride. COYR!

• Like 6
  • TomF changed the title to Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season