Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

So - both Bristol clubs get a new manager on the same day. 

Rovers get a guy who once stubbed a cigar out in someone's eye.

We get a guy who once gouged a wolf's eye out with his bare hands.

I'm backing Pearson in a fight. 

I can see the middle east shaking in its boots. 

over the moon with this.voted for him in the poll last week but thought he would want better than us. must see something in the club to think he can succeed here, hopefully motivate the players a bit more now too as they will all be under the spotlight

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Mind the gap, as they say.....

Brilliant. Over the moon with this. At last a manager who really does have the potential to take us to the next level. Nothings guaranteed of course but this is just what we’ve needed for some time.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Shitting themselves hopefully. But think they will soon realise once they work with him there is no need for that and that he will protect them and have their backs as long as they perform to the best of their abilities every time.  Which should be a given of course but doesn’t seem to have been for some of them recently!  

Indeed. I'd have thought the players will be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Those who want to be pushed and relish a challenge will be delighted.

Those who were enjoying coasting will be getting concerned. 

Chris Martin is probably not going to be happy having been bombed out by Pearson at Derby because he wanted quicker strikers but I'd have thought it is good news for Semenyo. Reckon Kalas and Moore might both be pleased by the appointment - both strike me as players that want to be pushed a bit. 

• Like 1

I haven’t been this excited about a manager appointment ever! GJ and SC  were clearly brilliant in recent times but their appointments were not of this level. I didn’t think we would get someone of his calibre and that he’d be out of our reach but fair play to SL he’s woken up at last! And manager too, superb! 

This feels epic.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

This is the best appointment we’ve made ever in our history.  Let’s hope he can do the business and get us the up this league table.  Best of luck to you NP,  Im a believer.  

So not Alan Dicks then? A League Cup semi-final, FA Cup quarter-final and promotion to the First Division?

Or Harry Thickett? An FA Cup Final, promotion to the First Division with a runners-up finish just 3 points shy of being the Champions of all England?

Pearson's been here half an hour and he beats that lot already?

I'm as happy tonight as you but let's keep a sense of perspective.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

Steve Lansdown deserves this appointment to work out, as i am  certain it will.  He has at last made a positive and timely decision which seems to have very good reaction from all the loyal, and "desperate for success" supporters......It is also decisive and quick...............Well done Steve!  COYR.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 2
13 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think you are wrong on the job title. There are clear distinctions between the two which is fairly obvious. This is a marker for things to come. I.e. far more influence, and rightly so, over transfers than either Lee or Dean had.

We're not in a period where we can do much with transfers, so it doesn't matter right now. He can call himself god of recruitment if he likes.

Maybe, maybe we find a free agent. Other than that, can't do much of anything.

It's only a sign of things to come IF this works and we want to extend the deal.

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. I'd have thought the players will be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Those who want to be pushed and relish a challenge will be delighted.

Those who were enjoying coasting will be getting concerned. 

Chris Martin is probably not going to be happy having been bombed out by Pearson at Derby because he wanted quicker strikers but I'd have thought it is good news for Semenyo. Reckon Kalas and Moore might both be pleased by the appointment - both strike me as players that want to be pushed a bit. 

Think we’ll see a lot more of Nagy and Massengo too. COD and Pato not so much. 

• Like 1

I think Pearson is a great appointment and (as long as we stay up) if he's backed financially in the summer he could really get us in the play off mix next year.

We've got the makings of a reasonable squad and with 3 or 4 quality additions we should be able to give it a good go

This may sound strange but i'd actually accept a mid table finish next season as long as the football is entertaining and we play with a plan... in the same way as Barnsley and Blackburn etc seem to do!

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Incidentally my above post has now got me wondering. Do we reckon Lee Johnson ever picked a fight with a pack of Wolves as one of his exercises in understanding how people make decisions in high pressure situations?

• Haha 3

A world exclusive excerpt from Pearson’s introduction to the squad, “I don't know what you want. If you’re looking for an easy ride I can’t help you. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Incidentally my above post has now got me wondering. Do we reckon Lee Johnson ever picked a fight with a pack of Wolves as one of his exercises in understanding how people make decisions in high pressure situations?

Actually Lee did fight a wolf once - I believe that he was once one of the three little pigs who took on Wofie alongsdie the City Cat.