Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Job title is irrelevant.

Job titles are very relevant. Managers manage; coaches coach; executives execute; directors direct. 

I’m delighted that NP is the manager as it makes him truly accountable for footballing matters. The buck starts and stops with him. As it should. 

Welcome Nigel. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, RedM said:

Again, I’m just catching up with this thread. I missed out chunks of it so went and had a re-read. I didn’t get all the ostretch comments. Thank goodness for YouTube, also found some other interviews.

My verdict...I love him, blunt and to the point so much that is almost cruel. But if you don’t want a bollocking from him don’t give him cause to. That’s how I do my job, why should footballers and journalists be any different. 

He isn't Ginge?

58 positive pages and pretty much everything has been said. 

Welcome to Bristol City Football Club Mr Pearson. Sincerely looking forward to witnessing the difference an experienced manager makes. 

Mr Lansdown, a massive and genuine thank you. Your astonishing commitment and contribute richly deserves to be rewarded with success.

We now have: 

(a) a strong chance of staying in the Championship at the end of this season 

(b) the possibility of securing an experienced manager for the longer-term

(c) an excited and united fan-base 

(d) the realistic prospect of matching our off the pitch progress e.g. stadium, training ground, etc with success on the pitch

Suddenly being a life-long City fan has put a huge smile back on my chops 😁

Always believe.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 2

Like others on this thread, I’ve been very critical of Lansdown over the last couple of years, but credit where it’s due, this is a perfect appointment and hopefully we finally now have a manager befitting of the club and opportunity we present.

Good work SL! COYR 💪

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Job titles are very relevant. Managers manage; coaches coach; executives execute; directors direct. 

I’m delighted that NP is the manager as it makes him truly accountable for footballing matters. The buck starts and stops with him. As it should. 

Welcome Nigel. 

I disagree. He's here for half a year. None of the signings are his. He's essentially a head coach, he's got given players now coach them to results. 

If he stays longer its a different question, but right now it means nothing. 

Think its a great appointment to be honest still. 

I think the success seen with bringing in an 'experienced manager' in Pat Lam and letting him get on with it has rubbed off on Lansdown and he's finally decided to follow the same approach for City instead of the usual 'up and coming' appointment. 

He definitely wasn't an Ashton appointment as I can't see Pearson and the used-car salesman being best of friends! I think in the summer either Ashton goes or Pearson goes.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Swede said:

I am thinking how many ******* hells he will have said after watching the first 5 minutes of tomorrow night's match. My answer would 300. 

Or could be just one long drawn out **"*""" elllllllllllll lasting 5 minutes 😂

So I've got players out of position, players playing who don't want to commit , can't wait for Wednesday morning.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Innit. There are people praising this appointment who I've genuinely never seen say anything positive at all about the club before.

Actually quite unnerving.

I don’t know if I can cope with being on the same level as some of them 😬

• Haha 1

Of course I am very happy with this appointment. But it's the until the end of the season part that bothers me.

Knowing Ashton, he's probably planning some other hipster bullshit for next season, like appointing the catering manager (who's vision for the club and relationship with the players impresses him) with a team of wizards to work under him as coaches... or something.

Hopefully Pearson rallies us and he's allowed to build a team over the summer.

Scattered throughout these 60 odd pages I have seen a few links to different pieces about Pearson, whether tactical , transfers etc. Has anyone managed to round them up and could post them as one easy to find resource . It will take forever to go through and find them ha 

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Of course I am very happy with this appointment. But it's the until the end of the season part that bothers me.

Knowing Ashton, he's probably planning some other hipster bullshit for next season, like appointing the catering manager (who's vision for the club and relationship with the players impresses him) with a team of wizards to work under him as coaches... or something.

Hopefully Pearson rallies us and he's allowed to build a team over the summer.

Just imagine the backlash if that happened... 

4 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Scattered throughout these 60 odd pages I have seen a few links to different pieces about Pearson, whether tactical , transfers etc. Has anyone managed to round them up and could post them as one easy to find resource . It will take forever to go through and find them ha 

Lazy bastard. 🤭

• Haha 3

Love to be a fly on the wall when Pearson meets our medical department 😂..... And the 15 current first team players out injured. 

My bet is there isn't 15 out Injured for Swansea on Saturday. 

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Love to be a fly on the wall when Pearson meets our medical department 😂..... And the 15 current first team players out injured. 

My bet is there isn't 15 out Injured for Swansea on Saturday. 

Clearly this is one of the major issues to be addressed as part of the new set-up (right Steve?😉).

Absolutely Fantastic Appointment. Let’s hope he can get the confidence back into the team and start creating chances again and who knows we might even win a corner!! 

Hopefully he manages to turns things around and signs a longer contract before the end of the season!! 

Big question if he keeps us up and we retain him, but make no mistake he's just the type of manager come summer (and this one in particular,) when there will be hundreds of young and underrated players up for grabs and Pearson is as good as any at identifying them. 

The bad news for most City players is he knows shite when he sees it thus whether they'll see merit in playing for him, I'm not sure.

Until the end of the season could dictate the next 5-6 years of where City go. It's THAT significant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1