IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - Confirmed ‘Manager’ Till End of Season

Dolman Block B

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Job titles are very relevant. Managers manage; coaches coach; executives execute; directors direct. 

I’m delighted that NP is the manager as it makes him truly accountable for footballing matters. The buck starts and stops with him. As it should. 

Welcome Nigel. 

I guess Holden wasn't accountable as head coach and therefore wasn't sacked. ???

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

Now that it has all come true, I have only one thing to say.

You can tell who the old men are on this thread. 

ZX81??!!

Us 'kids' had a Spectrum.

?

When i was a kid i had an abacus and marbles.

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

Steve Lansdown deserves this appointment to work out, as i am  certain it will.  He has at last made a positive and timely decision which seems to have very good reaction from all the loyal, and "desperate for success" supporters......It is also decisive and quick...............Well done Steve!  COYR.  

Yes, it’s great to see Steve and the team bringing in what’s needed.  Yes this appointment doesn’t give instant success, however it gives us a very strong foundation to be at 1st a top championship team fighting every season for the top 6. 

54 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Anyone thinking him sitting in the stands tonight is concerned. You can bet he gets messages to Simpson and Dowling during the game. Albeit small part but he will have some say tonight. 
OOC players would be looking at this as an incentive to perform as they will be aware of what he can bring to this club and will want to be part of it. 
Players won’t be scared, more than likely looking forward to working with him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he sits in the stands for the first half and then storms down the steps into the dressing room at half time, gives them an absolute bollocking, and then is in the dugout for the 2nd half! ?

After months of being so p!ssed off it is so refreshing to have some hope back. I thought I'd have a look at our odds for a top 6 finish. I got 325/1 !! I know we have been total dug sh!t but that is ridiculous value. It has gone down to 275/1 this morning but brilliant value imo. 11/2 to finish top 12 !!

50 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Ee lad you were lucky. I was t' neighbour in pile of stinging nettles.

Used t' dream of having a dock leaf

We were on council list for  a pile of stinging nettles.

Used to live in a pile of dinosaur turds till I was 38 with mum dad and 37 relatives.

Was cosy and warm, but we didn't complain.

Not sure if this has already been posted but check out the below at 13.05 mins in for Kasper Schmeichel absolutely raving about Pearson, his man management skills, the effect he had on his career and on putting the building blocks in place for Leicester's success.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08bblch

I think I am now more excited by Pearson's appointment than for any other in memory. Definitely up there with the Coppell appointment. Can't wait for him to get started!

Ashton moved fast, decisively and SL has backed the appointment with good money, we presume. Nothing new, both top men and hoping NP lives up to the expectation; save us this season and prepare the club for better things next season.

Should keep this forum less full of whingers and gas for a while - well Saturday at least

13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Ashton moved fast, decisively and SL has backed the appointment with good money, we presume. Nothing new, both top men and hoping NP lives up to the expectation; save us this season and prepare the club for better things next season.

Should keep this forum less full of whingers and gas for a while - well Saturday at least

this appointment had nothing to do with ashton, this is steve stepping in as his ceo and chairman had failed 

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

We didn’t even have an electric calculator in my day. 

We had something called a ‘slide rule’, which was one step forward from counting on your fingers (which I still did as a slide rule appeared well beyond my mental capacity then...and probably still is now). Look it up!

When I started my first job back in the 60's, I was a trainee accountant in  a company making sheet metal items, long gone now, but were in Southville.   The only equipment we had was our brains and a hand operated adding machine, the ladies who came in twice a year to check all the accounts, used comptometers.  Ha Ha, those were the days. 

Just have to keep him now.

Us, Cardiff and Bournemouth now all with interim managers until the end of the season. Maybe some vacancies at the end of the season in a couple of the teams coming down at least. If he does really well here, he will be more attractive to some of those, all with bigger budgets.

I suspect if things go ok, it will be much more us having to still be attractive to him than the other way round. Got to really ‘love’ him and make him feel he can make a real difference here, over the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

After months of being so p!ssed off it is so refreshing to have some hope back. I thought I'd have a look at our odds for a top 6 finish. I got 325/1 !! I know we have been total dug sh!t but that is ridiculous value. It has gone down to 275/1 this morning but brilliant value imo. 11/2 to finish top 12 !!

275/1 for a side that hasn't scored in over 7 hours of football and has made losing compulsory yet you think that brilliant value?

As they say ' When The Fun Stops - Stop!'

I've mentioned before on here that I know the journalist that was infamously called an ostrich by Pearson.

I have spoken with him and he thinks Pearson is a great appointment for us. He still rates Pearson as one of the best English managers around and reaffirmed that most players absolutely love playing for him. 

Also confirmed that he is not a manager that will rant and rave, far more likely to put an arm around ones that need it and get the best out of them. 

Archived