IGNORED

FGR

Roadrunner

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

After the Swindon debacle and time wasting in a friendly against us for FGR, Cooper can get right in the bin imo

Perhaps that's the type of thing we need a bit more of at this club...the dark arts so to speak...instead of nice humans all the time.

I can imagine other clubs playing us...being told we are push overs as from top to bottom we are just really nice humans ☺️?

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

But is it sustainable?

All sustainable up there.  The kits are probably made from organic hemp hand-knitted by Fair Trade seamstresses. 

Anyway, nice to reflect that they're soon likely to become the West's most successful Rovers. 

19 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

All sustainable up there.  The kits are probably made from organic hemp hand-knitted by Fair Trade seamstresses. 

Anyway, nice to reflect that they're soon likely to become the West's most successful Rovers. 

Their kits are made from bamboo as it goes. Marvellous stuff, I`ve got some socks made from it - warm in the winter, cool in the summer and a sustainable crop. I`d advise more to try them (their own, not mine!)

23 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

As a vegan, I would love City to go down the same sustainable route as Forest Green Rovers. A few years ago I read an article about the first green stadium built for Dartford FC, and sent a photocopy to the City board encouraging them to build a sustainable ground for City. I received a reply saying that it had been passed on, but heard nothing else. This was when it looked like we would be moving to a new stadium at Ashton Vale. In the meantime, along came Dale Vince, who transformed little old Forest Green into the greenest football club in the world, with all the publicity that came with it. A lost opportunity for Bristol City to be at the forefront of the green revolution. So I hope FGR get promotion this season, and go on to greater glory!

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Their kits are made from bamboo as it goes. Marvellous stuff, I`ve got some socks made from it - warm in the winter, cool in the summer and a sustainable crop. I`d advise more to try them (their own, not mine!)

Thanks for the offer mate.What size are they?

1 hour ago, glastonred said:

As a vegan, I would love City to go down the same sustainable route as Forest Green Rovers. A few years ago I read an article about the first green stadium built for Dartford FC, and sent a photocopy to the City board encouraging them to build a sustainable ground for City. I received a reply saying that it had been passed on, but heard nothing else. This was when it looked like we would be moving to a new stadium at Ashton Vale. In the meantime, along came Dale Vince, who transformed little old Forest Green into the greenest football club in the world, with all the publicity that came with it. A lost opportunity for Bristol City to be at the forefront of the green revolution. So I hope FGR get promotion this season, and go on to greater glory!

Never going to happen it would not work people would  just buy food outside

On 22/02/2021 at 19:53, Lanterne Rouge said:

They've gone a step further...and now produced shirts from recycled coffee beans. Amazing what can be achieved.

On 22/02/2021 at 23:20, glastonred said:

As a vegan...

Why do vegans feel it necessary to state their dietary/philosophical choices?

I don't constantly bang on about being an atheist, omnivorous, left-of-centrist. It's irrelevant.

Having said all that, good luck to FGR, and your point about sustainability is valid - football really needs to green up its act.

On 23/02/2021 at 00:48, Ciderhead433 said:

Never going to happen it would not work people would  just buy food outside

Yes.........but then again they might give it a try, and then realise they like it.  Choice is the best way?  You can offer colon cancer inducing sausages and pies from dead animals, and also plant based based healthier food? Then it is up to the public to choose which one they prefer?   Or maybe they will like both?

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yes.........but then again they might give it a try, and then realise they like it.  Choice is the best way?  You can offer colon cancer inducing sausages and pies from dead animals, and also plant based based healthier food? Then it is up to the public to choose which one they prefer?   Or maybe they will like both?

Oh yes a choice is fair enough but at FGR vegan is only choice

Archived