IGNORED

Now apologise for the last six months

Wolf Island

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Nigel gives us the leadership and direction we need to lift the players’ confidence and to turn our form around. The initial appointment is until the end of the season, when we will re-assess the situation, hopefully with a view to the long term. However, the immediate priority for Nigel and the coaching team is to stop the current bad run and move us back up the table.” 

City Chief Executive Mark Ashton added: “Nigel is a highly respected and experienced manager with a proven track record of success and we are looking forward to welcoming him to the club.”

The appointment is the apology tbf.

They've picked him with the fans mood in mind, they've had opportunities to have him, and others like him, before but chose the soft touch yes men. This isn't their ideal mould of a manager but knew they had to give the fans what they wanted this time. 

I just hope it's extended if he is successful and not let go of once they have the season ticket money (if I'm being extremely pessimistic/suspicious).

Still think we probably all need to pray Lincoln stay down this season!

The more I think about this, the more I think, was it possible our lengthy delay in appointing a manager last Summer was waiting for Pearson to recover from Covid... but he didn’t. Hence, Holden as a stop-gap. 

May be over-thinking.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

I was as fuming as anyone else when, after 6 weeks, we gave the job to Johnson’s assistant. No offence to Holden but he wasn’t the sort of manager Lansdown hinted about when LJ went. That’s now in the past and to Holdens credit we were within a couple of points of the Play Offs as recently as 3 weeks ago (even if our performances looked miles away at times). 
Appreciate the efforts of Dean Holden who clearly cared but this is the sort of appointment I was hoping for last Summer so better late than never.

For those who say that SL doesn’t care about the football club anymore, this suggests different.

No apology necessary IMO.

Just now, RedRock said:

The more I think about this, the more I think, was it possible our lengthy delay in appointing a manager last Summer was waiting for Pearson to recover from Covid... but he didn’t. Hence, Holden as a stop-gap. 

May be over-thinking.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

Was thinking exactly the same thing, but we will probably never know.

Feeling quietly confident that he will turn our form around.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was as fuming as anyone else when, after 6 weeks, we gave the job to Johnson’s assistant. No offence to Holden but he wasn’t the sort of manager Lansdown hinted about when LJ went. That’s now in the past and to Holdens credit we were within a couple of points of the Play Offs as recently as 3 weeks ago (even if our performances looked miles away at times). 
Appreciate the efforts of Dean Holden who clearly cared but this is the sort of appointment I was hoping for last Summer so better late than never.

For those who say that SL doesn’t care about the football club anymore, this suggests different.

No apology necessary IMO.

Yes , sad really

Ironically I think Holden and Pearson would have got on had Pearson come in the summer

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pearson has a reputation for falling out with those above him. I wonder how much interference from Ashton he’ll tolerate.

I won't believe he has ever fallen out with anybody ever until it is on the official site.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pearson has a reputation for falling out with those above him. I wonder how much interference from Ashton he’ll tolerate.

He's in work and these aren't easy times for anyone so I'll expect he'll be nice as pie to him for the next six months. Depending what happens after that will depend on how he treats Ashton. 

44 minutes ago, dREDful said:

The appointment is the apology tbf.

They've picked him with the fans mood in mind, they've had opportunities to have him, and others like him, before but chose the soft touch yes men. This isn't their ideal mould of a manager but knew they had to give the fans what they wanted this time. 

I just hope it's extended if he is successful and not let go of once they have the season ticket money (if I'm being extremely pessimistic/suspicious).

Still think we probably all need to pray Lincoln stay down this season!

pretty sure lincoln "threw away" promotion in the early 80s because they couldnt afford it......

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I won't believe he has ever fallen out with anybody ever until it is on the official site.

If you did a little research on Pearson you’d discover that he’s a strong willed character who has had run ins with local hacks and those above him.

The club most definitely wouldn’t put that on the OS.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you did a little research on Pearson you’d discover that he’s a strong willed character who has had run ins with local hacks and those above him.

The clu most definitely wouldn’t put that on the OS.

Perhaps you missed the irony RR ?

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

None.

But I am certain that has already been covered off in the interview process. 

This is a SL appointment and will certainly see a reduction in MA’s influence if not his imminent departure.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The last six months have not been horrific. I would say the last couple of months have been horrific. And that's mainly down to the ridiculous amount of injuries we have suffered.

Bit of a rosy tint their JD, we have been awful all season.

Early on we got lucky but I don’t believe that anyone did not see the collapse coming.

What we maybe did not see was that Dean had no idea how to rectify it.

Dean comes across as very decent bloke but, will he ever be the HC coach of a Championship club anytime soon? NO.

Utterly out of his depth and he was part of the problem, was never the solution.

Archived