IGNORED

Now apologise for the last six months

Wolf Island

24 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Bit of a rosy tint their JD, we have been awful all season.

Early on we got lucky but I don’t believe that anyone did not see the collapse coming.

What we maybe did not see was that Dean had no idea how to rectify it.

Dean comes across as very decent bloke but, will he ever be the HC coach of a Championship club anytime soon? NO.

Utterly out of his depth and he was part of the problem, was never the solution.

Not necessarily disagreeing on Holden but thought the first 10 League games say were a notable improvement on LJ last year performance wise.

Thereafter things became more patchy and the reasonable League performances became increasingly thin on the ground. We saw patches and flashes.

1. 2nd half at QPR. Good comeback vs a decent footballing side on their home ground. A ground that until the last couple of years we have not done much at all at.
  2. Blackburn home- Decent win vs a decent side, enjoyable.
  3. Preston home- Hoodoo broke and we restricted them to not many chances.
  4. First half vs Huddersfield- good, but especially first half hour- but found acceptable until halftime.
  5. Brentford away- Many said we'd get mullered but thought it was one of our better displays since the Autumn tbh. Away at a very good side who at that time were on fire.

Not many then. 3 games and 2 halves post the first 10- still I wonder how a squad with less injuries and especially crippling in certain positions may have done.

Wondered about some of the tactical ploys though. Wells on the left, throwing 4 strikers on to name two. Vyner in midfield with International/Junior International midfielders on the bench.

16 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Bit of a rosy tint their JD, we have been awful all season.

Early on we got lucky but I don’t believe that anyone did not see the collapse coming.

What we maybe did not see was that Dean had no idea how to rectify it.

Dean comes across as very decent bloke but, will he ever be the HC coach of a Championship club anytime soon? NO.

Utterly out of his depth and he was part of the problem, was never the solution.

We'll have more clues as to how much was down to injuries with NP in charge. He can't magic a left back out of thin air so the poor results may continue, a manager's only as good as his players. I do hope he gives a chance to some of the players on the fringes like Massengo and isn't afraid to drop the more experienced players who haven't been performing of late. Also we have to find a way of countering teams who press hard, they've all worked out we can't cope with it.

2 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

This is a tough gig for NP, possibly his biggest test, this squad us bereft of a lot of skill set, it really will be a patch up job...good luck.

It will be tough but compared to when he took over Watford, when they were 7 points adrift at bottom of the PL, in theory it shouldn't be as tough as that. After all 10 or 11 points from 15 games should be enough... 

Of course the injuries make it more difficult and I hope the first thing he does is to get a free agent / ooc Left Back in. Then it'll no longer be longer square pegs in round holes. 

This is a tough gig for NP, possibly his biggest test, this squad us bereft of a lot of skill set, it really will be a patch up job...good luck.

It will be tough but compared to when he took over Watford, when they were 7 points adrift at bottom of the PL, in theory it shouldn't be as tough as that. After all 10 or 11 points from 15 games should be enough... 

Of course the injuries make it more difficult and I hope the first thing he does is to get a free agent / ooc Left Back in. Then it'll no longer be longer square pegs in round holes. 

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

The last 3 and half years have been horrific 

Under LJ at least we stabilised in the Championship. Anyone could see at the time that appointing Holden was a mistake though. There’s a tacit admission in MA’s quote with the reference to experience and proven success. MA with the help of LK can twist any narrative but an acknowledgement of mistakes made and lessons learned would be a great step for club and fans.

Archived